Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pressure gauge no workie!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel pressure gauge no workie!!

I have an aeromotive front mount boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. Along with that, I have made braided lines to adapt to my factory hard lines, converted my evap into my return. Did the dual walbro mod. My fuel pressure gauge sits at 0. If you barely rub the power wire for the sending unit with the power wire from the gauge's harness, the needle will move sporatically like the ground is bad. But if you make a solid connection with the wires, 0 psi. The car cranks fine and idles fine. So I know it has fuel. The company sent me a new sending unit, but same issue. I have ran a seperate power wire, as well as ground wire. I've used 3 different ground locations to make sure that wasn't the issue. The gauge comes on, lights up, and the needles pumps up to 100psi like it should and comes back to 0. What can be making this happen? Does it matter which port on the FPR I put my return and sending unir? I'm so lost right now.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody have any ideas of what I may be overlooking? If there's any fuel in the rail at all it should show SOME kind of pressure right?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do u have the gauge on the fuel rail port? I know that's where I had mine on my old car
Old 01-25-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I just realized the little brass fitting in the front was fir the gauge *smack myself* and gave away my fitting to the plug for the extra port on the regulator.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, for other guys who may have the issue, for some reason even after correcting the line routing through the FPR the gauge still didn't show any pressure. There was definitely pressure there. After randomly deciding to correct my incorrect wiring of my EBC the fuel pressure gauge came right in. I had my EBC wired into a constant source along with my wideband, and it interfered with the fuel pressure sending unit somehow. So to other newbs like myself, double check the wiring to other gauges that share power sources before you go crazy with troubleshooting!!