Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Low fuel pressure, even without FPR

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 05:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Not so good. I used to use an A1000 years ago, but I ditched it in favour of a pair of 044's
I didnt want to use two pumps, but the Bosch pumps perform so well and are ultra reliable it made sense for me.

Although I never had any problems with my Aeromotive
Old 03-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting to think of redoing the whole fuel system setup. Have a cell right now and not happy with it, would prefer the tank again, easier to get gas especially with the gas attendants here in NJ

Need to replace braided hose with teflon to get rid of fumes lingering in the garage, so now may be the time to change everything, may look into different pumps as well.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you are using braided hose there may be a blockage from deteriorated hose.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ollie8974
If you are using braided hose there may be a blockage from deteriorated hose.
Did not realize that. Since I plan on replacing the braided anyway maybe I will setup the fuel cell and pump right close to the FPR on a portable bench and run a short line that I am sure is clear and retry it. If this fixes the issue it may end up working out after all. The braided from the FPR to rail is new, the feed line is probably 6 years old now.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 87SS

Need to replace braided hose with teflon to get rid of fumes lingering in the garage, so now may be the time to change everything, may look into different pumps as well.
How long does regular braided line last with pump gas? (Earls pro-Lite 350)
Old 03-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

I have read varying lengths (some say avg 5-8 years), but generally the more you use it the better. Since I went from a SBC to LS swap there was some down time in between which might have hurt the life of the line. If that is my issue I will be happy. What I am not happy about is the cost of the Teflon lines and fittings, ouch
Old 03-11-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Veteran

^ Yeah. I kept getting mis-information from a local shop, so I stopped going there. One time he told me that you cannot run "rubber" for fuel lines and you must use teflon. Apparently teflon is better suited for race gas, or the guy was just trying to make more money. :-\ My car is a weekend toy and it sits during the winter. My front feed line was from fragola and it still smells. I'm gonna get some dye and see where it's leaking from.

This time I didn't cheap out and got Earl's Ano-Tuff fittings and Pro-Lite350 hose.

Anyway.. Sorry to jack, but thanks for the help.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
How long does regular braided line last with pump gas? (Earls pro-Lite 350)
On my gas cars I get about 3 years before it starts causing problems. On my Alcohol car, it's not worth a crap. Replaced it with Teflon.

What pisses me off about it is it's $10 a foot and does not last as long a $1.00 a foot rubber gas line. And it leaks exactly at the worst possible times.

Al 95 Z28
Old 03-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Staging Lane

Do you recall which teflon line you went with? I have seen a lot of different companies thrown around, and the price difference is pretty substantial. It also appears once you go over -08 line you need to have the ends crimped.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Racetronix sells the PTFE hose.
http://www.racetronix.biz/AtoZdispla...ype=01&TpData=
Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ollie8974
Thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
^ Yeah. I kept getting mis-information from a local shop, so I stopped going there. One time he told me that you cannot run "rubber" for fuel lines and you must use teflon. Apparently teflon is better suited for race gas, or the guy was just trying to make more money. :-\ My car is a weekend toy and it sits during the winter. My front feed line was from fragola and it still smells. I'm gonna get some dye and see where it's leaking from.

This time I didn't cheap out and got Earl's Ano-Tuff fittings and Pro-Lite350 hose.

Anyway.. Sorry to jack, but thanks for the help.
Should have listen to the local shop guy. He is correct about the Teflon or PTEF. This is a link to Earl's catalog. Page 3 read what Earl's has to say about the Pro-Lite 350 hose.
http://www.holley.com/EarlsCatalog/

The fuel vapors will go through the "Rubber" lining even though there is not any leak showing.

Last edited by Ollie8974; 03-15-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 87SS
Did not realize that. Since I plan on replacing the braided anyway maybe I will setup the fuel cell and pump right close to the FPR on a portable bench and run a short line that I am sure is clear and retry it. If this fixes the issue it may end up working out after all. The braided from the FPR to rail is new, the feed line is probably 6 years old now.
No dice. Moved cell from trunk to right outside engine compartment. Ran a short 2' line from pump to FPR with a short return, both lines were clean. Same thing, must be the pump. I will email Aeromotive and see if they can check it and what the fee is.

Quick Reply: Low fuel pressure, even without FPR