Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Underbed gas tank suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underbed gas tank suggestions

Hi guys, I am looking for some input on gas tanks that will work well underneath the bed of my 2r5 Studebaker truck. My stude is going to have a LQ4 with FI and a 4l80e so I will need a baffled tank. Due to driveline size there is no longer room for a stock location gas tank. I have looked at tanks inc and like their MU 64-68 mustang FI tank. I have also looked at their UT-N-2-T universal truck tank with fuel inj tray. Another tank I was looking at is from classic performance products 4860agt-20bf for a 48-60 Ford truck. I like the classic perform tank because of its 21 gallon capacity versus the tanks inc of 16 gallons. My main concern is not having the gas tank stick down to far below the frame. My frame rails are 36" wide between the rails. I have roughly 25" front to back for the tank. My frame rails are 4" tall and there is addtional 2.5" above the rail to the bottom of the bed floor for a total height of 6.5" from bottom of the frame rail to the bottom of the bed floor. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. (I would prefer to avoid modifying a non-efi tank if at all possible.)

Quick Reply: Underbed gas tank suggestions