Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Car sat over 1 year,runs like crap..Fuel Pump/Injectors???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kciaccio
I bet the pumps fuel screen in the tank is shot from sitting.
That too, check the sock out if it's corroded causing a clog..
Old 05-28-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDemonLsX
Well i got the BCM to stop clicking by changing the courtesy fuse,and my doors now lock again through the remote.BUT!!!!! My security light still flashes and the car will not start.This "Flashing Security Light" issue is really kicking my a&%,i have tried everything to get the car to start.From what ive read is that if its flashing the BCM does not recognize the pellat in the key,now the "chip" in my key is kinda loose so could that be the problem?????

Should i go to the dealer and have a new key made,is that a guaranteed fix for my problem???
When the chevy dealer replaced the ignition with 2 new keys due to the VATS being retarded... they told me the chip just wore down and wasn't making good contact... I don't do/deal with electronics due to having terrible ADD and have zero patience for tedious crap like finding a short. But they gave me 2 new keys and threw in a key fob on top of my military discount so I was in a better mood to have an extra set of keys for my t/a now lol
Old 06-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i got my VATS bypassed and had my fuel filter changed.The guy said the filter was very dirty and my 02 sensors are reading but very slow.Also,when i went to start it i didnt hear the fuel pump prime anymore and the car just cranks and cranks but dosent start.When i did get it started finally it was running worse then before the filter was changed.What does it mean that my 02 sensors are reading slow,do they need replaced?...also since i cant hear my fuel pump prime and my car just basicly cranks and barley starts does it mean my fuel pump/regulator is fried?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

" does it mean my fuel pump/regulator is fried?"

Sounds like it's time for a major fuel system cleaning.
Tank down, pump/sock replaced, rest of the parts inspected.[Including the wiring]
Injectors out and cleaned/tested like they should be.....On a bench.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

Replacing the key is probably all you need to do. Start their, as its the least expensive route and most likely, its the root of your vats issue. Then you can get back to the original problem. You might want to drain the entire fuel system and perform a complete tune up.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Well i found out what was wrong...NO COMPRESSION ON #1 and 125psi on #7 due to a broken valve spring and another broken HS rocker arm...My great luck continues!!!

Quick Reply: Car sat over 1 year,runs like crap..Fuel Pump/Injectors???