Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pressure drop after prime

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure drop after prime

I'm not sure if I'm in the right section, I recently installed and dyno tuned my ls3 01 camaro. The car pulled hard and put down good numbers 549/480. I have a thread in the dyno section. About 1 week after the tune the car started acting up. First, I noticed 1 out of 5 stop and go's the throttle would have a dead spot (from 0% to 30%). It didn't bog or act like anything was happening. Second symtom was lean idle 22.5 on innovate lm1. It started to have a small miss. I started testing, I pulled the plugs and they were whitish brown, with an green tint. All grounds were checked, fuel pressure, spark, injector pulse, compression 200-210, and valve springs, I still could not find the issue.

Now it's hardly running. Afr is extemly rich. With a bad miss and it stalls now. I pulled the plugs again to change them, they were black. I installed a new crank position sensor but still it's not better.

One thing I did notice is the fuel pressure go's from 65 to 40 instantly when I prime the system. But seems to hold 65 when idleing. It has a racetronix pump with Hotwire kit. I can't seem to diagnose the problem. But it seems to be getting worse. Any help would be appreciated. I'm out of ideas! Sorry for rambling
Old 07-24-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd scan it and see what the MAF, MAP, and fuel trims look like compared to when you tuned it. Could be a dirty MAF or an exhaust leak.

Can you watch fuel pressure while driving?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Does anyone know where to purchase a stock 01 camaro fuel regulator? I can't seem to find one and really don't want to use an aftermarket regulator. Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That kind of pressure drop is not uncommon after priming, so I'm not sure that's your issue. Is it dropping like a rock under load?

Either way, I'd hit up Lonnie's Performance if you are looking for a stock reg...I'm sure he has a few laying around.

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure drop after prime