Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

FI Fuel setup. 800-900rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a Bosch 044 and a Walbro 255 which support atleast 900whp with e85 and a set of 120lb injectors and I'm keeping my -8an feed and -6an return. Simple, cheap, and should do the job
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gpr
ZL1killa,
To answer your question, i like to do things myself so I know they are done right, and it saves money. If i screw something up its no one's fault but my own.

Not attacking anyone, but the only responses I see in the fuel section from venders is "call me i can help". Once you call these venders their only solution is to spend more money and more money. I prefer not to send my money to a vendor that is overpriced, with no knowledge or factual answers when you ask a question.

How are people like skinnies making 900hp with simple and cheap setups, but when i call a vendor it is over $1500 to do the same?????
I plan on buying 2 Walbro 340s, going to the hardware store and getting everything that i need as far as fittings go, and wiring it up myself with a relay and hobbs switch for the second pump ( one pump will be ran just like factory). I'm even going to do a 10AN feed line and use the factory as a return. I know that a hobbs switch can fail but everyone seems to be having good luck with them. I'm going to see if i can wire in a small LED that comes on when the pump does so that i know if the hobbs switch fails. Basically just doing what Lonnies is suggesting but cheaper because I'm doing it myself. the sticky by MIGHTYMOUSE is pretty descriptive.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Turbo5.0
To make 800-900, are the 80lbers going to be enough? I would think you need something closer to 120lbers.
I'm making 700~750 with 69# @43.5psi (80.42# @ 58psi) injectors at a ~76% duty cycle; so I would think you would need 100#+ (Boosted). I will likely need to upgrade mine once I do some tweaking on the dyno, I'm betting I will fine mine at 80% or slightly above on the dyno.

Originally Posted by gpr
ZL1killa,
To answer your question, i like to do things myself so I know they are done right, and it saves money. If i screw something up its no one's fault but my own.

Not attacking anyone, but the only responses I see in the fuel section from venders is "call me i can help". Once you call these venders their only solution is to spend more money and more money. I prefer not to send my money to a vendor that is overpriced, with no knowledge or factual answers when you ask a question.

How are people like skinnies making 900hp with simple and cheap setups, but when i call a vendor it is over $1500 to do the same?????
There are multiple write ups from MightyMouse and at least 3 others about dual pump setups, home depot/lowes parts & pieces to do a fuel setup. This involves you reading this writeups, doing the mods, doing it yourself, buying all the parts & putting it all together. Go for it, its all here in the fuel section. and I don't like the word cheap, inexpensive is a better word.

for my fuel setup I have a racetronix 255 in-tank kit w/harness that is always on. I then have an external in-line pump & filter & FPR, Bosch 044, aeromotive FPR & Filter with a MSD switch for turning on at 1psi of boost. With all lines stainless braided & BLACK AN fittings, etc. This cost me ~$1k ~1.2K TOTAL. Done finished not having to worry about anything.

This is no different than any other vendor/manufacturer in the world, it is always a hey you can go to here and here and buy this and that and put it together and here is the writeup and its going to take you all day.

OR, hey I sell this kit for X amount more and its all you need you don't have to drive all over town and order multiple parts from multiple places and piece it all together.

All we have done so far is tell you that your concerns over fuel heating is not necessary. PM me if you want to discuss some pricing, I don't see why you can't get it done for less than you have first posted. The only kicker is injectors alone are going to be ~700~800 bucks, so for certain with fuel line, pumps & electrical wiring & FPR you will be above 1500 TOTAL; I don't know what you are referencing your 1500 on.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

I looked back at my fuel system purchase, and MINUS injectors; meaning just for the fuel pump & lines system I spent $1375, that was with FPR. then add injectors.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
???

They are 12v pumps.

watts = volts X amps
i was being extremely silly
Old 12-15-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by T76s10
I just bought a Bosch 044 and a Walbro 255 which support atleast 900whp with e85 and a set of 120lb injectors and I'm keeping my -8an feed and -6an return. Simple, cheap, and should do the job
That combo is pretty undersized for 900 on E. MAYBE with two 044's. Thats a bunch of fuel returning on a -6 line too.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we'll see how it works.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i love the fuel section! you guys crack me up!

1. in reality -6 feed is enough.. i went with 8 at that level for safety. pretty eye opening for anyone interested in doing the math. even at 1300 horse i was using the stock feed for return (if you stagger pumps you dont need to return as much) which is smaller than -6

2. dont run anything to bottom of tank without a sump, put pump(s) in the tank or a siphon to factory pick up point.

3. see attached

4. yes!

Originally Posted by allout06
Plan on doing a twin turbo setup with an AES390 next spring. I need a fuel system that will keep up. Have a couple of questions. Goal power is 8-900rwhp

My plan was to run a Magna fuel 4303 pump. Their FPR. braided lines, fast fuel rails, with 80# injectors.my questions are..

1. i plan running a -10 feed and a -8 return, will this be enough? And how much barided line will i need in ft?

2. How can i run a line from the tank to the pump? is there a fitting i have to put into the bottom of the tank?

3. How do i run my lines from the pump to the rails and FPR? a diagram would be great. for example. do i run from the pump to the FPR to the rails and then back to the pump? go to the front of the rails or rear for the feed etc..

4. Can i get this done for $1500 or less? i have a tight budget m working on.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails FI Fuel setup. 800-900rwhp-p8090002.jpg  
Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
i love the fuel section! you guys crack me up!

1. in reality -6 feed is enough.. i went with 8 at that level for safety. pretty eye opening for anyone interested in doing the math. even at 1300 horse i was using the stock feed for return (if you stagger pumps you dont need to return as much) which is smaller than -6

2. dont run anything to bottom of tank without a sump, put pump(s) in the tank or a siphon to factory pick up point.

3. see attached

4. yes!
Awesome man. Thanks for doing that. Instead of intank pumps. I may run a Magnafuel 4301 pump. Brian at AES said that's what he runs and he could sell me the fuel system for a little under $1000, not including rails. If i were to run a braided return i just need a couple more fittings and another bulk head correct?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

i have used this kit on several cars, very good quality (through scorpion)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/su...0/media/images
or
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hl...9/media/images

this holley kit looks like a great bang for the buck without any of the cheap-o parts you find in other kits cough performance products cough

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hl...0/media/images
Old 12-18-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Opinions on these.

http://www.AlperMotorsports.com/inde..._detail&p=1173
Old 12-18-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

running higher fuel pressures such as with boost i prefer the aluminum mounting blocks vs thin brackets

those two little brackets are what separates you and your pride and joy from a massive fire. thats my opinion.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I ended up going an Aeromotive belt drive fuel pump. Won't cook the fuel as much. I want to be able to make 1khp and drive 7 hours on the highway. Not sure on feed or return size though. Probably 12 feed and 6 or 8 return. I overkilled mine incase i want to run e85. Holley fuel rails that came with the intake and FIC 2150 injectors.

Quick Reply: FI Fuel setup. 800-900rwhp