Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive FPR plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aeromotive FPR plumbing

1994 Camaro with LQ4 swap, LS1 intake and aftermarket fuel rails.

Guy who built the car installed an Aeromotive FPR and AN lines all the way to the tank. Take a look at this picture and confirm that this isn't right.

The return AN line to the tank is just pushed onto a barb fitting. Also, the vacuum reference line is not connected.

Can anyone ID the FPR? Need a model number so I can figure out what fittings I need to fix this.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

is it pushloc hose as in:

Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

I don't believe its pusloc hose, and the fitting doesn't appear to be a pushloc fitting. Going to investigate further in the coming days.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Doesnt look like pushloc, just standard braided that someone cheaped out on a fitting and simply clamped it

Cant see the rail ports in your pic, but if it runs at all its likely plumbed properly

Pump feeds directly to a rail, then crossover, side port on the FPR is on the return side of the rail. Return line to the tank is on the bottom. Vacuum port is left open for N/A, plumbed to the intake for boosted applications to raise the fuel pressure as boost increases

Id fork over the $5 for a proper hose end but a clamp on the return line wont hurt anything besides your eyesight
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

If I can just put a fuel injection clamp on the braided line I'll be happy, as long as that line doesn't pop off the regulator I don't care what it looks like.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by I_Need_Land
is it pushloc hose as in:

I would like to get that intake setup this spring... What rails are you running?

Originally Posted by Pocket
Doesnt look like pushloc, just standard braided that someone cheaped out on a fitting and simply clamped it

Cant see the rail ports in your pic, but if it runs at all its likely plumbed properly

Pump feeds directly to a rail, then crossover, side port on the FPR is on the return side of the rail. Return line to the tank is on the bottom. Vacuum port is left open for N/A, plumbed to the intake for boosted applications to raise the fuel pressure as boost increases

Id fork over the $5 for a proper hose end but a clamp on the return line wont hurt anything besides your eyesight
I would like to set my fuel system up just like this and switch it over to the new setup when i'm ready... I can't see it in the pic but there is another line that runs across the back of the intake right?
Thanks
Old 11-25-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes, there is a rear crossover. You can see it behind the intake tube

This is my fuel system
Old 11-25-2012, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

im using the rails that are made for the pro flo xt, if i had to do it again, id just use the FAST rails, i think they look better.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

I have the same fuel rails as Pocket, just the crossover is in the front. I'll just slide that line up a bit and clamp it.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Well that return line is pretty tight on the fitting. I did hook up the vacuum fitting on the FPR, guess what? I can now rev the car without it choking and dieing. yay!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Accrdwgnguy
1994 Camaro with LQ4 swap, LS1 intake and aftermarket fuel rails.

Guy who built the car installed an Aeromotive FPR and AN lines all the way to the tank. Take a look at this picture and confirm that this isn't right.

The return AN line to the tank is just pushed onto a barb fitting. Also, the vacuum reference line is not connected.

Can anyone ID the FPR? Need a model number so I can figure out what fittings I need to fix this.

Thanks.
yeah thats definiatly hacked together lol

Quick Reply: Aeromotive FPR plumbing