Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Walbro 340 pickup strainer???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro 340 pickup strainer???

I have a Walbro 340, got it used (thanks PSJ) but no strainer (you know, the little "sock" that goes on the bottom of the pump)... Anyone have an idea where I can find one of these things? My local auto parts store only had one strainer available, and its much too small to fit the inlet of the Walbro. I've thrown the pump in the car for now, and it works great -- but I'd really like to have more than just the little screen keeping crap out of the pump.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Junkie

not sure if it is the same but if the inlet size is the same as the walbro 255L then a mustang 5.0 sock will fit just fine and almost all auto parts stores have this. I recently went through this myself and thought I was going to have to buy a new pump to get the sock, at least I found one thing that a 5.0 is good for
Old 04-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Teching In

I cant figure out how to get the sock to work on the pump when installed in the holder. The bottom of the pump sits a few inches away from the holder making it close to impossible to put the sock on. I put the pump in anyway and have the sock left off for now. The pump is loud and I wonder if this is the reason. ?
Old 04-14-2004, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eastern Bowtie
I cant figure out how to get the sock to work on the pump when installed in the holder. The bottom of the pump sits a few inches away from the holder making it close to impossible to put the sock on. I put the pump in anyway and have the sock left off for now. The pump is loud and I wonder if this is the reason. ?

Here's a couple of pics from my install last week that might help you out. Note that I had to jamb a piece of heater hose inside the rubber boot before I clamped it and in the first picture the pump is sticking out of the boot alittle further than it should be. Put the canister on to set your depth then take the canister off an tighten the clamp.

http://nitrousfedmuscle.com/images/walbro.jpg

http://nitrousfedmuscle.com/images/walbro1.jpg

http://nitrousfedmuscle.com/images/walbro2.jpg
Old 04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Brian, let me know if you need me to take the sock off mine so you can go searching for a match. After all, my car is just sitting.