Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will 340 pump work with G8GT
And what extra parts needed ?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

u should get in contact with loonies good guy and can help u out alot he will be ur best bet for picking a pump out
Old 03-05-2013, 01:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bigantws6
u should get in contact with loonies good guy and can help u out alot he will be ur best bet for picking a pump out
Good plan for custom apps. LONNIE is your best bet.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 340 will not fit in the factory fuel bucket. Please call if you are interested in a fuel system for your application.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stealth355tpi
I know I can call them but I'm looking for real world experience from anyone on here. Trying to see what kind of problems people ran into installing them and how well are the pumps working.
I ran the 340 and had no problems with it at all. Gives you a little more wiggle room when you want more power down the road because the 340 does outflow the 255.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6 Z28
I ran the 340 and had no problems with it at all. Gives you a little more wiggle room when you want more power down the road because the 340 does outflow the 255.
Are you saying you ran one in a G8? What you did in a Camaro does not apply.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Are you saying you ran one in a G8? What you did in a Camaro does not apply.
No the guy I was sending that to was the one asking about the camaro,everyone was talking about the trap door mod, I wasn't referring to a g8. Sorry if it posted late it wasn't meant to look like I was talking about a g8
Old 06-26-2014, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Good info here. Thanks all for the input. I'll be doing a (simple) 600whp fuel system on my 01 SS. I'v run Racetronix stuff on every C5 I'v ever owned, everything worked and fit well. In this situation I think I will either be doing something from Lonnie or do an Aeromotive Stealth 340 kit. Sad that I'v emailed Racetronix multiple times and even called them multiple times and left messages without even a single return call or email. I figure they are doing well enough they don't need my business now..or in the future. I'll post up my updates as my 427 F Body project continues.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We are very busy and backlogged in all departments.
Please contact a dealer if you need something right away.

>WEB SITE<
Old 06-26-2014, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Hahahha. Welcome to my world. If I needed something right away I would call my dealer. Obviously I had questions related to WHAT I needed. Obviously a couple minutes of your time isn't worth your time. Damn I'm in the wrong business....
Funny...Aeromotive answerd their phone AND had 5 minutes to listen to my project goals AND was able to recommend some things. Thanks anyway!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Hahahha. Welcome to my world. If I needed something right away I would call my dealer. Obviously I had questions related to WHAT I needed. Obviously a couple minutes of your time isn't worth your time. Damn I'm in the wrong business....
Funny...Aeromotive answerd their phone AND had 5 minutes to listen to my project goals AND was able to recommend some things. Thanks anyway!
Every customer is important however the reality is that we have limited resources and this race season has been exceptionally busy for us. Your questions could have been posed to any number of dealers who sponsor this forum (such as Lonnie listed above) and your purchase made. It is not necessary to deal directly with Racetronix to get what you need.

A/M does not sell directly to the end user so you end up having to make your purchase through a dealer regardless.

We are happy you were able to get what you need from A/M. Good luck with your project.

>WEB SITE<
Old 06-26-2014, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Just a thought here....in the time it took you to reply to me twice in this thread you could have practically answered my (very simple and straight forward) questions. As a business owner who really takes pride in customer service...that is the route you might have chosen.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racetronix
This is the hotwire kit required for running anything larger than our FPA-001/A 255LPH fuel pump assembly. This includes the AM340 LPH and Racetronix RXP340 series pumps:
http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...=FPWK-017W&eq=

Please note, none of these pumps will support the jet-pump functionality of the factory module. This is explained in our FPA-001 ad here:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...A-001A&eq=&Tp=

Holes will have to be cut into the module to allow fuel to enter. Once this is done adequate fuel will have to be in the tank at all times to prevent fuel starvation under cornering and acceleration. There is no baffling in the 99-02 plastic tanks.

The factory return system and regulator can NOT handle the fuel volume of our 340LPH pumps. Even with our standard 255LPH systems there is a pressure rise of apx. 4-6PSI above the factory regulator's setting of 58PSI. Installing a 340LPH pump will push this upwards of 70PSI which will cause tuning problems and pre-mature pump failure.

WE WILL NOT WARRANTY ANY PUMP THAT FAILS DUE TO INADEQUATE WIRING / VOLTAGE SUPPLY OR EXCESSIVE OPERATING PRESSURES.
My TA is a 98, will holes have to be cut into the module to allow fuel to enter? Or is that only for 99-02? The pressure at idle is at 58psi and it only allows me to fill up to half a fuel tank after the 340 install; once the fuel drops under 1/4, the car shuts off at sudden stops or sudden turns like it's not getting enough fuel. I started a thread asking for advice on this issue in this section as well.

Please advise.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Hey man I'm still trying to find where I saw the holes drilled in the basket info. I thunk it was in a magazine at Barnes and Nobel. Camaro Performers I think. I can't find it on line. I think it was their "Black Betty" project car....
Old 06-27-2014, 01:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by conde'strans
My TA is a 98, will holes have to be cut into the module to allow fuel to enter? Or is that only for 99-02? The pressure at idle is at 58psi and it only allows me to fill up to half a fuel tank after the 340 install; once the fuel drops under 1/4, the car shuts off at sudden stops or sudden turns like it's not getting enough fuel. I started a thread asking for advice on this issue in this section as well.

Please advise.
F98 has a hanger not a module.
Most likely a false reading from your fuel level sensor.

>WEB SITE<
Old 06-27-2014, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racetronix
F98 has a hanger not a module.
Most likely a false reading from your fuel level sensor.
But would this fuel level sensor failing cause the car to shut off at sudden stops or turns once it's under 1/4 of the tank full? I woulda thought that this bad sensor would only cause a false fuel reading on the gauge; plus it only allows me to fill the tank halfways.

this is frustrating!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Hey bud I just went out and picked up the magazine. I might need it for reference. Pic 13 shows the holes drilled out. Hope this helps.
Name:  20140627_170030_zpsjobgvcow.jpg
Views: 6305
Size:  123.3 KB
Old 06-27-2014, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it would have anything to do with your issue. My fuel level sensor wiring is completely cut out of my plug and the car runs fine at all levels of fuel.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Hey bud I just went out and picked up the magazine. I might need it for reference. Pic 13 shows the holes drilled out. Hope this helps.
Does the magazine happen to tell you how many holes they cut? I can see two on the side from the pic but not certain how many on the bottom.

I know mine is a 98(not supposed to have this module) and I haven't personally seen it(since I didnt install it) but I'm gonna pull pump myself this afternoon to take a look at it and mod whatever is necessary.

Thanks for your help man, I appreciate it.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

If you look closely to the #13 photo you can clearly see the two ~3\8" holes drilled in the side....if you look closer you can also see two more overlapping holes on the bottom. Give it a close look.

Quick Reply: walbro 255 vs aeromotive 340 stealth