Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump Location for my swap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013 | 06:17 AM
On The Tree

Default Fuel Pump Location for my swap?

Swapping LS in my 78 vette. I have a some room behind the front passenger fender well. I need to run a bigger line 3/8 from the tank to the engine anyway. I can then use the original fuel line as the return to tank. This would provide a little better access to pump and regulator if I have fuel problems down the road.
Does the fuel pump have to be located back by the tank? If so why?
I am also adding the Corvette regulator filter. Would an additional fuel filter harm flow if added back by the tank?
Old 02-09-2013 | 02:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by donnie_19
Swapping LS in my 78 vette. I have a some room behind the front passenger fender well. I need to run a bigger line 3/8 from the tank to the engine anyway. I can then use the original fuel line as the return to tank. This would provide a little better access to pump and regulator if I have fuel problems down the road.
Does the fuel pump have to be located back by the tank? If so why?
I am also adding the Corvette regulator filter. Would an additional fuel filter harm flow if added back by the tank?
A fuel pump will push fuel a lot more efficient that pull fuel. Which is easier for you to push your (stalled car) or pull your car. No need of additional fuel filter the Corvette regulator filter is sufficient. Russell's make a AN-6 fitting to plug into your fuel injection.
Old 02-12-2013 | 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Default Fuel pump shut off?

Going to go in tank. Strongly considering this set up. http://www.vetteworksonline.net/cata...roducts_id=108 Then I only need one fuel line up front. Does this unit include the fuel shut off switch?
Old 02-15-2013 | 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Change of plans and went with 82 vette fuel pump assembly and changed pump to 255 lph. Also adding the Wix 33733 fuel filter regulator.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Location for my swap?