Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector/Pump setup for turbo e85. Maxed out my 95lbers.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Injector/Pump setup for turbo e85. Maxed out my 95lbers.

Hey guys, I recently got tuned on my newest setup and I'm running out of injector at 15-16psi. I'm thinking I'll also want to up my pumps along with my injectors, but keep in mind I street drive my car during the summer so don't want something that heats up or isn't that streetable.

I currently have
-95lbs injectors
-dual Walbro 255 intank pumps(lonnies performance drop in)
-racetronix hotwire kit with hobbs switch.
-BRFR
- -8 fuel feed -6 fuel return
-Speed inc fuel rails

My turner felt confident that he could scale the tables and have great drivability with 1600 or 2000 CC injectors so I'll probably go with them. If there is no price difference I may spring for the FIC2000's. However, he did say that if we put in bigger injectors we could find that the dual walbro's won't be able to keep up so I'd want to look into it. How much can the 255's support on e85 for a turbo setup?

As for pumps I was thinking about the 340's as they are the same physical size as the 255's, could be used in the bucket and I could run both the same as I run my 255's, but heard that the racetronix weren't meant for e85.
racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=RXP340M&eq=&Tp=

Any other good pump setups that I could drop in the bucket with minimal modification that would also maintain great streetability/not heat up the tank? I'm not going fuel cell, it's a true street car and primarily road driven.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will hit the pump limits at about 800rwhp on E85.

I can upgrade your pump setup to larger 340lph pumps, but the corresponding wiring must be modified... the factory bulkhead connector is not safe at the current draw of 2 340lph pumps.

Please call if you would like to discuss an upgrade for your dual pump kit.

Quick Reply: Injector/Pump setup for turbo e85. Maxed out my 95lbers.