Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks guys! Well I have 42 lb injectors, so no problems there. Let me ask you guys this: Tomorrow I plan on doing a voltage test to see if I get any drop at any point. If I do not get a drop in voltage (it was good at 13.5 last time with the old pump) then my hotwire kit is doing its job right? No need to put the Racetronix one on right? Or am I wrong here? Also I was told by Walbro anything more than a 2-3 psi drop is not supposed to happen. Now that doesn't mean a 6-8 psi drop is going to be bad or hurt something, it's just no ideal or correct according to them
Old 06-01-2013, 01:03 AM
I need a gauge for that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right, if the voltage stays constant your wiring is fine.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like others have posted, you should get 58psi at all times unless using a boost referenced regulator. The 255 with proper wiring is a good choice. if you can, over do the wiring. I used 10ga for the pump. I did NOT use any stock connectors and crimped/soldered everything. Bulkhead connectors can be made with nylon bushings and washers.

My Aeromotive 340 pulls about 13.5A at idle. It has gotten up to 16A at WOT. My old supra pump fried 14ga wiring...
Attached Thumbnails fuel pressure-pump-connector.jpg   fuel pressure-bulkhead.jpg  
Old 06-01-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Exidous
Like others have posted, you should get 58psi at all times unless using a boost referenced regulator. The 255 with proper wiring is a good choice. if you can, over do the wiring. I used 10ga for the pump. I did NOT use any stock connectors and crimped/soldered everything. Bulkhead connectors can be made with nylon bushings and washers.

My Aeromotive 340 pulls about 13.5A at idle. It has gotten up to 16A at WOT. My old supra pump fried 14ga wiring...
That makes total sense, but if my current hotwire kit supplies the correct voltage then there is no reason to upgrade overdo any on the wiring right? I'm not sure what size wiring or hotwire kit is on there now, but it's definitely not a Racetronix one
Old 06-01-2013, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Voltage drop is from the wires inabilty to provide enough current. You are limited to a specific wattage. Find out what the ga of your hotwire kit is. If its 14 replace it. 12 should be okay. 10 is ideal. Keep in mind the entire system providing power to the pump is only as strong as its smallest gauge or weakest connection.

Quick Reply: fuel pressure