Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Getting rid of mechanical fuel pump for HOLLEY electrical pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting rid of mechanical fuel pump for HOLLEY electrical pump

I've removed my mechanical fuel pump and am considering routing fuel lines from tank. The original line runs a couple of rubber from tank to metal lines right up to where mechanical pump was mounted, (small block chevy). It appears there is a return or vent line along with main fuel line. Does it maker sense to bypass the metal lines. What is the additional line. There's three house confections in old pump. I'm running braided stainless; is there a downside to turning it from tank to carb, I'm running the
blue holley that comes with regulator, also running pressure gauge. Mounting the small holley blower supercharger with holley single 750. Would bypassing metal line cause problems!? Heard it would, its a long way to run braided stainless.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have not posted what vehicle or engine but I assume that your running and older vehicle with a gen 1 sbc or bbc... that being said yes your vehicle may have a return line from the mech pump and may also have a vapor line.. the vapor line also acts as a tank vent. if you want to bypass the factory steel supply/return lines go ahead. we do it all the time.

Quick Reply: Getting rid of mechanical fuel pump for HOLLEY electrical pump