Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Proffesional Products LS2 96mm Throttle Body Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proffesional Products LS2 96mm Throttle Body Review

I could not find any information on this throttle body on the forums, so I thought I'd share my thoughts. I originally purchased a cheap 102mm TB off ebay, which was nothing but problems. Turned out the throttle blade was too small leaving a gap between .006-.011" around the blade when fully closed. I was unable to get the engine to idle under 1500 rpm. I decided to try the PP 96mm as a replacement. So far it seems to be a great product! I will know more when I get this installed on my engine. For a little background, This is going on an LS6 with dart pro1 heads, big cam, LS2 intake and controlled by a Holley HP EFI system.

Included is the TB, two adapter plates (one is tapered for stock manifolds and one non-tapered for 96-101mm intakes), two throttle cable cams, gaskets (one between the TB/adapter one adapter/manifold(optional)) and mounting hardware.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The blade gap is very tight!
You can also see that the top of opening is spherical, so it remains closed at the top under part throttle, while the bottom opens (due to the gear box this opens bottom first).
[IMG][/IMG]

The cable cam position is fully adjustable. Just remove the 4 screws holding the gearbox together and rotate the cam to the desired position.
[IMG][/IMG]

It comes with an adjustable TPS sensor
[IMG][/IMG]

There are two adjustable stops, one for idle and one to adjust WOT position
[IMG][/IMG]

I will post the results this weekend.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

Will it fit a ls3 inrake? Also what's the price of the throttle body.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LS2 and LS3 use the same 4 bolt mounting. Only the LS1 and LS6 used teh 3 bolt setup. The prices range from $230-$320. They actually look like some pretty nice products.

Last edited by Exidous; 01-30-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Teching In

here is the link to their page http://www.professional-products.com...atin-p384.html

I don't know where it's made, but it looks and feels like a quality piece. Much nicer than the Chinese ebay knockoff I previously bought.

Quick Reply: Proffesional Products LS2 96mm Throttle Body Review