Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

return system on 98-02 f body need help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default return system on 98-02 f body need help.

I have a lq9 in my iroc. I am currently using a full 99 fbody fuel system. I want to use the fast truck style intake. I have 2 sets of truck rails. One set has a fuel pressure regulator one doesn't. Wich set do I use? Can I use the factory f body regulator and just return the fuel at the tank and use the rails with no regulator? Or do I need to remove the in tank reg. And use the truck rails with a vac. Refrenced regulator thats on them?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok after some looking 05+ is returnless. So I can use it with my current fuel system. It doesn't have a damper like the ls1 rail. Will this effect anything?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well what fuel rail set up are you using now. I assume it is fbody with the dampener which means your tune is probably set up for that setup. The truck fuel tables are more flat on the truck tune because the truck system uses a referenced regulator. So it may be easier to stay with what you have. But on the otherhand you will need a retuned either way so I don't think it will matter. The question is do you want to run the second line. Personally I like a feed return system because it is referenced and because the fuel in my opinion has more time to cool. Either way you just need to do what is right for the setup. If you run feed return remove the intank reg.If you run single feed just make sure you have a dampener. And tune accordingly. I just did the reg removal on my set up and it is easy. Pop the clip off separate the reg then with a small drimmle cut the stainless rod. Then slowly twist and pull it out. You can do it with out cutting but I found it easier to make some room.
Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
I have a lq9 in my iroc. I am currently using a full 99 fbody fuel system. I want to use the fast truck style intake. I have 2 sets of truck rails. One set has a fuel pressure regulator one doesn't. Wich set do I use? Can I use the factory f body regulator and just return the fuel at the tank and use the rails with no regulator? Or do I need to remove the in tank reg. And use the truck rails with a vac. Refrenced regulator thats on them?

Quick Reply: return system on 98-02 f body need help.