Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel injection tank... vent line?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injection tank... vent line?

I'm running a Spectra Classic injection tank with dual walbros put in. Before I did this modification, I noticed that the tank would build up pressure as ambient temperature increased and decreased, which was prevalent when I took off the fuel cap.

I know the OEM systems use an EVAP setup, but I was wondering if I need to have a vent line to alleviate this pressure, in lieu of an evap system?

Also, is this vent line going to let vapors out and create a dangerous atmosphere under my car while it sits in my garage?

I set up a 1/4" hose barb with a sort of breather muffler pipe fitting on the end that I'll have up above my rear axle for the vent line.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need a rollover valve. Its an open vent that closes itself if the car flips over so that fuel doesn't leak.

Summit sells remote mount ones. Tanks Inc has a fairly cheap one that you can drill/thread right into your tank. The only problem with not having an EVAP is that you might smell gasoline when near the valve, that's why most of them have a barb fitting for a hose so you can run a remote charcoal canister.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What if I don't plan on being upside down... considering none of us really plan on being upside down?

Quick Reply: Fuel injection tank... vent line?