Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

e85 with racetronix pump?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e85 with racetronix pump?

i have a 1999 ls1 with 11.9.1 compression and tsp v2 cam and ls6 intake and couple other little stuff im wondering if i can use e85 i made 415 all motor on pump gas u think ill make more and will my fuel pump work for it? i have the racetronix pump?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

The Ractronix pump and hotwire kit is good for 550-600 rwhp from what I nderstand
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
The Ractronix pump and hotwire kit is good for 550-600 rwhp from what I nderstand
Yes I know but will it work with e85 gas?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...XP340M&eq=&Tp=

Says right in the pump's description:
For gasoline (use with E85 will reduce life expectancy)

If you want an E85 pump try this:
https://sdparts.com/details/aem/50-1200
Old 03-10-2014, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What injectors do you have. I'd be asking if they'll support e85 too.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
What injectors do you have. I'd be asking if they'll support e85 too.
42lb not sure I guess the guy said like ported idk haahha
Old 03-10-2014, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm running Accel 44lb injectors and have been told they will not work with e85.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

I'm running Accel 44lb injectors and have been told they will not work with e85.
Oh ok
Old 03-10-2014, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe others will chime in. I'd love to run it too as long as the injectors will support it.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

I think you will benefit from the use of E85, however....

I have the 255 Racetronix setup with Hotwire kit, it's rated around 600ish on gasoline. Take a good 30% out of that for E85. (So now lookin at 420ish "RWHP") Also, look at the BSFC on the pumps, these rwhp ratings are blasphemy.. Each car is going to have a different percentage of drivetrain loss. (Maybe I missed something, but I can't figure that **** out)

I ran 42# Bosch Injectors and the Racetronix pump/HW kit with a Kenne Bell BAP. (17v) So that rated my 255 now to around 700ish. One thing to keep in mind is that I was pushing 460rwhp/435rwtq on 91. On E85 I couldn't get that bitch to hit over 445rwhp and 392rwtq. Hence my Injectors fell off the face of the earth. I don't know if at that time I had hit the limits of the 255 (700-30%[E85] 490ish "RWHP). I suspect it would have gone further if I didn't run out of injector (92% IDC).

Now I have gone to the 60# Siemens Injectors and plan to upgrade the pump. However, I am stuck as well. Will that AEM 320lph E85 pump handle my setup by itself? Even if I sprayed a 200 shot pulling of the rail? Should I run dual 255's... decisions decisions.

I hope my experience helps you in some way..lol Just a little FYI.. I have all stock fuel lines and at that time I was on a stock LS1 rail.

Good Luck,
James
Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Are you going to keep the stock fuel line when you upgrade pumps? That AEM pump looks pretty good, but I don't know how much it will support. Twin pumps might be better for you, but you'll have to make a lot more modifications. All this stuff confuses the hell out of me and the more I read the more confused I get. So, when I spray, I'm just getting a dedicated fuel cell for the nitrous.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

Are you going to keep the stock fuel line when you upgrade pumps? That AEM pump looks pretty good, but I don't know how much it will support. Twin pumps might be better for you, but you'll have to make a lot more modifications. All this stuff confuses the hell out of me and the more I read the more confused I get. So, when I spray, I'm just getting a dedicated fuel cell for the nitrous.
Honestly man there are shops on here that will tell you that they've hit high horsepower numbers on stock fuel lines, while others will tell you to upgrade... So I totally understand what you mean when you talk about "clarity" on this matter. I'm not as educated as I would like to be, and it seems the only people that share information are sponsors trying to move their product. Not that I wouldn't do the same, but damn I can only search so long and read so many open-ended or unanswered threads before my build date gets pushed back even further lol. I try and use Ls1tech as a measure twice cut once type deal. I'm one that can "think on my own", it's just nice seeing experiences and exchanging valuable information. Valuable is the key, saves money, time, and lessons learned.

Fuel cells are great I hear. I have no experience with them. I've only heard great reviews. I'm sure you could pull off the rail just like the rest of them without spending the money on a standalone setup if you were still considering it.

I'm sure it's hard to judge the correct pump, line, etc for every setup due to the differences in each one. But trial and error for me is not in the budget lol
Old 03-13-2014, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with you completely. I would really like to just upgrade my stock fuel pump to dual pumps; run only one when running N/A and then have the second one set up on a Hobbs switch once the nitrous is engaged. It would be cheaper going this route, but like I said, I keep getting conflicting information in regards to what else needs to be updated when running dual pumps. I know I'll need a hotwire kit, but then others are saying that I'll have to upgrade the fuel regulator, upgrade my stock fuel lines, upgrade this, upgrade that. By the time I've done that, I could have just bought the Nitrous Outlet fuse panel dedicated fuel cell, which would end up being safer anyway because I can throw some race gas in it.

What's your take on running dual pumps without upgrading the fuel regulator and lines? I want a pump or pumps that can handle right at 700 rwhp on nitrous.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the problem comes with the in tank regulator. From what ive seen when running a dual pump most people remove it. I would love to hear if someone is running a dual pump set up while retaining the factory regulators
Old 03-13-2014, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're that worried, run the Walbro 400 with Gasoline or the 485 with E85. Much less hassle, and cheaper, than 2 pumps. The Walbro 400 should flow enough to support 800whp or so on gasoline and 600whp on E85. Dual pumps are a hassle when you are well within the means of a single Walbro 400 that can be had for 40 bucks more than a 255 and you don't need to worry about fittings, wiring, or plumbing a second pump.

The only reason I went with twin AEM E85 pumps is because, even though I've seen people hit 700whp on E85 on a single Walbro 485, I plan on making more than that with a Billet S476. Otherwise I wouldn't have second guessed the idea of going with a big Walbro, so why should you?
Old 03-13-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I read in another Walbro 400 thread about all these other things that need to be upgraded to make it work properly. This is the kind of stuff that confuses me because some people are running this pump with just a hotwire upgrade and others are saying this:

We do not include a filter sock or wiring with our F90000267 pump b/c not everybody requires the same hardware. We have adjusted our price to reflect this. Customers can use our FPWK-017W harness kit to install the F90000267 pump but they will have to change one end of the in-tank harness (which is Teflon 14 Ga.) which has a standard Walbro-style GSS connector to the Delphi RCS-057 listed in our web store. We recommend the FFS-250G filter sock, FFT-150 fuel tube, OCLMP12.3 and OCLMP13.3 clamps for installation.

A few IMPORTANT notes worth mentioning here:

1. The factory return system / regulator can NOT handle the fuel volume of the F90000267 and F90000262 pumps so a rail-mounted regulator with -6 Teflon return line will be required. Running the system without this will cause a major pressure rise and premature pump failure.

2. This F90000267 and F90000262 pumps will not support the factory jet-pump system incorporated into the fuel module so holes will have to be made in the module. Disabling this system means that the bucket will not fill above tank level and b/c there is no baffling in the tank an adequate level of fuel will be require to prevent the pump from running dry esp under agressive driving which causes the fuel to slosh around in the tank.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

#1 I'm not so sure about. 3/8"or -6 AN line will flow more than the pump is capable of. If you have the old rails with the -4 AN fittings on them you may need to upgrade the rails. You would probably also need SOME kind of return style regulator, even if it is a corvette regulator.

#2 is application specific. Could go for any combination of pumps in any combination of buckets.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

I agree with you completely. I would really like to just upgrade my stock fuel pump to dual pumps; run only one when running N/A and then have the second one set up on a Hobbs switch once the nitrous is engaged. It would be cheaper going this route, but like I said, I keep getting conflicting information in regards to what else needs to be updated when running dual pumps. I know I'll need a hotwire kit, but then others are saying that I'll have to upgrade the fuel regulator, upgrade my stock fuel lines, upgrade this, upgrade that. By the time I've done that, I could have just bought the Nitrous Outlet fuse panel dedicated fuel cell, which would end up being safer anyway because I can throw some race gas in it.

What's your take on running dual pumps without upgrading the fuel regulator and lines? I want a pump or pumps that can handle right at 700 rwhp on nitrous.
In your case I think you would be fine. Honestly in your situation, I would buy the AEM 320lph ($120) and a Racetronix hotwire kit ($60ish) and call it a day. I honestly think the 255 with a BAP would handle that. Stock everyting too. (Other than the fuel pump and Hotwire kit.)

My issue lies with the E85.. and then the 200 shot pulling off the rail. (However, some of the guys in here make good points. I like the idea of a single large pump)

Here's some good info..

I haven't gotten to look at them all, but post #12 about sums it up.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks FearLS. I'll take a look at that thread.

With the AEM 320lph pump and hotwire kit, how much HP will that support?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go to google. Type in AEM E85 pump. It'll take you directly to AEM's website and the page for the pump. Theres a graph on there that shows how much the pump flows and supports at different pressures. Should take about a minute from start to finish.

Quick Reply: e85 with racetronix pump?