Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump , Venturi Tube help !! Thanks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Pump , Venturi Tube help !! Thanks!!!

What is up guys .. So I am coming to all of you to see if any of you has a permanent solution to my situation.

I bought a racetronix pump and hotwire kit. Installed it. While on the installation the venturi tube that connects from the top of the fuel pump itself to the bottom connection which is the "Venturi Jet shiphon check valve" (I believe) inside the module. Here is a reference of what Im talking about.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/...psf4e3c839.jpg

Now it has happened twice, basically every time I connect everything together and start the car the stupid thing disconnects and makes my engine run lean and low on fuel pressure.

Pict of the 3rd time I lower the tank :

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/or...b7e86.jpg.html

As far as Racetronix , I ve been talking to myself on their forums for the last 3-4 days . Seeing as their customer service is worse than **** I guess Im on my own.. Oh and there is no phone number at all available that I can see in their website so I can give them a call. Honestly I would never recommend them..

So..

My question is what might be causing this line to pop out ???

How can I fix it permanently???
Old 03-13-2014, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

I was using the Fuel line Advance Auto Parts part # # DW-749 and now changed to

Tygon F-4040-A PVC Fuel And Lubricant Tubing, 3/32" ID, 3/16" OD, 3/64" Wall, 50' Length, Yellow

Tygon F-4040-A PVC Fuel And Lubricant Tubing, 3/32" ID, 3/16" OD, 3/64" Wall, 50' Length, Yellow: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Tygon F-4040-A PVC Fuel And Lubricant Tubing, 3/32" ID, 3/16" OD, 3/64" Wall, 50' Length, Yellow: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

It seemed to me that the one from AAP was a little too small in inside diameter.Maybe restricting flow and therefore making the tube pop off under pressure, and this one being 3/32 ID is a bit larger provides maybe a bit less flow restriction but still this thing wont stay down there!

Thanks
Old 03-13-2014, 07:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I understand correctly, you changed the line...
Tygon is somewhat soft... not sure it is rated for 58psi.

I've never had one of those lines come off, but I always kept the factory one.

No matter what size line it is, it has the same pressure in it.
If it wont stay on, clamp it. You can buy small ones.

I have a replacement line for $10 shipped... shipping & packing labor is more than the part, but it is new & the correct material.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Just an update , I though that maybe the Valve at the bottom of the module was clogged or something and therefore when suction was place on the venturi tube it would make it pop out. I placed the module on a bucket of gas and upon sucking on the tube I have confirmed gas DOES pass through it.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/...psdad5c637.jpg

I just spoke with Lonnies Performance and will be giving it a last shot at a fix to this by purchasing a stock venturi tube from him (seems like nobody except them have it) .If this solves the situation this guy has me won for life!

If that doesnt solve it I will just buy a walbro 255hpl and cut a window on my module and get rid of the venturi system.

Will update in a couple of days.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

Ok I installed the OEM venturi tube today.

The low pressure problem while idle has been resolved and seems like the venturi is holding fine. However now I have a slight high pressure situation . Im getting 64-65 psi when in idle and also when reving the engine.

The car still does not start without me giving it some gas. Once I let it rev to 1500 rpm for a few seconds I let go and it settles back to a normal idle, Under some light throttle the psi stays always around 64-65. Now I dont know if the hard start condition is due to no being tune yet but I doubt it, any input??

Once I turn off the car the pressure stays at a good 56-58 psi but after 10 mins or so it would drop to 25 psi. I will try to check it well tomorrow to see exactly how long after is loosing pressure and if it is fast or really slow.

Im thinking maybe the the Fuel pressure regulator is bad?? What do you guys think?
Old 03-22-2014, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Updates:

As I have verified and the fuel pressure gauge I was using was not reading the pressure correctly..

I have 2 Fuel pressure gauges that confirm this (below link) is the correct pressure seen at the fuel rails :

for those that cannot see the video here is what is going on:

As long as the fuel pump is working there is 60 psi on the lines. For example once I prime the pump it shoots to 60psi and as soon as the pump stops priming the pressure drops to 50 psi. Same thing if the engine is running. Fuel pressure would be at 60-62 psi when in idle and even under load. However as soon as you turn off the car the pressure drops to 50 psi. Pressure does drop slowly after that. I timed it and here is what I found

Pump primes to 60psi and drops to 50psi after pump stop working

5 minutes later it has droped 5 psi to 45psi .
10 mins later it has droped total of 10 psi to 40psi.
25 mins later it has droped total of 20 psi to 30psi
55 mins later it has dropped total of 30 psi to 20 psi at the rails..
2-3 hours later there was no fuel pressure at the rails and the pump has to be primed 3-4 times so it can build pressure of 50psi.

Everything else has been installed new, only factory item unchanged is the regulator... Im thinking that might be the remaining of my problems?

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump , Venturi Tube help !! Thanks!!!