Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

99 Silverado backfiring especially after buying gas

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Silverado backfiring especially after buying gas

Newbie needs some help. I have a 99 silverado 4.8 and the common things that make the problem occur is letting it sit for a long time especially if it is damp outside, putting gas in it, or putting fuel injector cleaner through it, that makes it really bad. But anyway when you first step on the gas to go I have hesitation, it will kick in and out, sometimes I can floor it and my rpms just stay at 1000rpms, but If a wait till I get to about 3000rpm or 30mph it will run fine after that until I let it sit again. I cant burn the tires at all. I have replaced the plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter. I have taken to chevy to do a injector cleaner system, after that chevy told me the fuel pump so that is when I did the fuel pump, they also checked my fuel pressure regulator and I cleaned the throttle body.

I dont know what to do anymore. Any Help would be "Greatly" Appreciated
Old 05-26-2004, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Try some "dry gas", you might have water in the tank.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Cool I Got It Fixed

I finally decided to take mine to a different chevy dealer in a different city. they had for 5-6 hours and found that my (Mass Air Flow Sensor) was very dirty! but they only charged me $82, I am very impressed and would recommend them since the dealer in my city told me over $1000 to fix it. Im totally happy for what I paid for- I can burnout again but not like it did when I first got it but Im happy, it doesnt backfire or hesitate at all.