Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

turbo lq4 help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo lq4 help

Hi all, need some assistance from the guru's. Im putting a iron block lq4 in my 86 c-10 long bed. Looking to have a street beast , forge internals so I can boost that thang. 6.0 with 4l80e, I need help on wiring and fuel. What is better for my street build. 700-800hp. Thinking stock Gm computer and harness or ms3 lsx plug and play setup. Is it worth new efi setup and custom tuning or go Gm computer and get a skilled turner to manipulate factory Gm computer for good boost and street tune. going 93 pump gas. Also what intake, truck intake put out good numbers, or spend the money on another intake? any other help is welcomed can get a full list of parts.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump ... everyone just looking
Old 02-08-2016, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Everyone is just looking because there is no 1 answer. A stock gm ecm will work, ms will work, a stock truck intake will work, or aftermarket. If your not going to learn to tune yourself, just get a stock ecm, and find a good tuner. No reason to go ms. If your going to tackle that, IMO, I would go ms.

It seems to have a lot of nice options in the gold box. Check out some of Denmahs builds. I think he shows how nice ms stuff is.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

My 2 cents. Get the Holley HP it will help with your wiring nightmare. Self tune and you can add boost later if you want without a bunch of tunes.
Intake. Truck if it was me.

Quick Reply: turbo lq4 help