Water Methanol Injection no tune? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Water Methanol Injection no tune?

Old 01-21-2016, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Default Water Methanol Injection no tune?

Can Water Methanol Injection be used without tuning for it? As a "combustion stabilizer/octane booster"?

I am concerned about how much power my set up is making with my new supercharger (high mileage stock ls2 shortblock). Due to the fueling system on the car I had to cut short my tuning session because it just couldnt meet the demands at WOT.

When I get my dual fule pumps installed the car will most probably be making 700-800Flywheel HP (550+rwhp DynoDynamics). On my WOT runs I was very surprised to see that my AITs did not pass 115F. The car is making 11.5-13psi peak boost.

Now I know that methanol H2O injection really helps keep AITs down and can increase the cumbustion octane resulting in 15-30 hp gains when tuned for but what I want to know is...

Can I install a H20 meth injection kit and have it work as a cumbustion stabilizer? Just to keep the chance of any knock away, like a bad batch of gas or a really hot day. I am also afraid that since my AITs are already so low when going hard that possibly the water wont evaporate properly before reaching the combustion chamber.