Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Wrong fuel injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrong fuel injectors?

Ok so I thought I solved my problem but I didn't. My cylinder #2 fuel injector is making a sucking sound like it is pulling vacuum from the o ring up in the fuel rail. It will also leak fuel if I try and drive it around so I am NOT driving as of right now..... I replaced o rings recently and thought I fixed the issue but I was wrong. I have now been looking closer at the fuel injectors and it seems I have 2 different part # fuel injectors on my car.

the one that doesn't seem to fit is #0 280 155 931 (1251462)

and the other 7 injectors are #0 280 155 752 (12554271)

after some reading I see that they are interchangeable parts. Could there be a reason this one injector (the 931) sits too far down into the intake? I can remove the fuel rails and reinstall the fuel injector all the way into the fuel rail and upon start up you can watch the injector get pulled down into the intake manifold and the hissing sound starts up. I am clue less. I thought buying new injectors would solve the problem but now I don't know what to buy.

Last edited by ggino85; 02-22-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:57 PM
Launching!

The intake manifold is a ls6 intake from a GTO..... Do I need completely different injectors, sponsor help.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Today i took off my fuel rails and inspected my injectors. Inside the injector i've been having issues with was clogged with some kind of debris. I think what happened is i painted my fuel rails years ago and the paint started peeling recently and some got into the little screen in the injector and clogged it up. I got some electrical connector cleaner and blew all the injectors clean.

Could a clogged injector cause it to push off/loose from the fuel rail?

Also i set my fuel rail down on the ground with all the injectors installed and not all the injectors touch the ground. The front right injector is off the ground. Im thinking maybe my fuel rail is bent? I dont know but i dont want to put it back together and have fuel spray on my headers after a few hundred miles......anyone.......
Old 02-23-2016, 08:01 PM
FormerVendor

Are you using the metal clips to hold the injector to the rail.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:02 PM
Launching!

I never had metal clips, am i suppose to?

Last edited by ggino85; 02-23-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:03 PM
Launching!

i was just helping my buddy work on his car (not a LS car) the other day and he had metal clips on his injector holding them to the fuel rail and i even said to him this is what i need....crazy if that is my problem

From research i do need these clips but i can not find where to get them. FIC do you have any for sale?

Ok I found them at gmpartsdirect. Thank you FIC for mentioning these clips. I can't believe it ended up being something so simple. I always assumed the issue was from the intake swap but i had changed the fuel filter the same time I put the ls6 intake back on. I guess the old fuel filter was really dirty because I have driven thousands of miles without an issue (luckily). But the minute I started it up after the intake swap and filter change I've had this issue.

Last edited by ggino85; 02-23-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:11 PM
Launching!

GM has them on back order. Anyone know where to get stock fuel retainer clips?
Old 02-28-2016, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

The shop that installed my engine back in '09 didn't put the clips on either and it ran fine. I bought clips because I'm a perfectionist and there's supposed to be clips. I ended up ordering from my local GM dealer but it sounds like it's not so easy these days.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Launching!

I figured out my fuel rail was bent. My son (3yrs old) was outside with me when i was working on my car (intake swap, spark plug change) and i had the fuel rails on the ground. I know, not smart...the fuel rail must have been stepped on because i compared to one from a completely stock 2000 camaro and my rail was really off. The fuel rail bar that goes across the intake on my car was touching the intake. On the 2000 camaro the fuel rail was not touching. Long story short i bought the fuel rail and clips for 100 bucks and installed it on my car and no issues what so ever. The injectors and rail sat nicely in the intake and the bolt holes lined up perfectly. On my old rail i would have to do some wiggling and pushing around to get the bolt holes to line up. The new (to me) rail just seems to fit a lot better. I have now driven about 250 miles with no issue (well fuel related at least lol), there is always something going on.....My rear end is humming when turning once it gets warmed up, on to the next issue

Quick Reply: Wrong fuel injectors?