Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

1987 Iroc ls3 swap fuel in oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1987 Iroc ls3 swap fuel in oil

I originally swap lq4 in the Iroc removed that and dropped in the ls3 ( fresh rebuild forge piston ls9 cam) I am using the ls1 80lbers on the ls3 fuel rail... Initially I had a fuel leak from the top Oring (also intake was completely torqued down) I found the correct Oring and no more leak... Next I had a bad crank sensor so I was crank serval time with no start over a few days until I figured it was the crank sensor... Now the car is started but I can't rev over 2000 rpm plus the car is smoking smells like raw fuel... I checked the dip stick and oil was full of fuel...
Injectors are brand new
I took my ecu to my tunner and had him reflash for 6.2 bigger, injectors, sd, and ls9 2bar map....
What could cause that massive amount of fuel in the crank(my hope is that it was my fault for the constant cranks but no start).... But I kinda think it's the tune can any help possible causes
Stuck injector
Bad tune
Crank no start
All of the above
Old 04-13-2016, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

So I checked the injectors this morning I pulled the rail up disconnected all the injectors plug and primed the system no injector leak.... Then I plugged all of them in still no spray... Will the injectors only spray when the car is cranking
Old 04-13-2016, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tb8125
So I checked the injectors this morning I pulled the rail up disconnected all the injectors plug and primed the system no injector leak.... Then I plugged all of them in still no spray... Will the injectors only spray when the car is cranking
Correct. They will only get signal when the ECU sees the RPM signal. Is this a FI build or NA? My initial guess is that you tried to start the car without getting the ECM flashed and 80 lb injectors will dump a significant amount more fuel than stock injectors.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

I took the ecu to the tunner had him reflash on the bench.... But now I guessing he use somebody's else tune in my car.... Car is pro-charged.... I am going to try to look at it with my hp tunner and see if he update the fuel injector tables

Quick Reply: 1987 Iroc ls3 swap fuel in oil