Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

EV6 injectors are more desirable than EV1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EV6 injectors are more desirable than EV1?

Looking at 80lb Deka injectors (authentic). I see I can get them in EV1 style or EV6 style.

Now as I understand it, EV1 vs EV6 has more to do with the internal design than the actual clip style. The clip style is just an easy way to identify them.

So with the option of buying either, is it true that I should go with EV6 due to being an all around better injector?

Supposedly EV6's have better pulse width (or something) and tip design for better atomization etc.

Does the PCM being used change anything? Specifically, can the older gen 3 PCM's properly control an EV6, or is it essentially wasting the EV6's "talent" by not being able to take full advantage of an improved pulse width or whatever.

Excuse the n00bness!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:43 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

In 99% of situations, its not going to matter. At all. We're talking <2% difference in power and fuel economy in most performance applications.

Lots of aftermarket fuel injections doesn't differentiate between the two. They use a single body style (usually based on EV6 or EV14), and whatever connector they choose, or simply use different connectors so they fit different applications without changing the harness.

Quick Reply: EV6 injectors are more desirable than EV1?