Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

About to add a little nitro to my e85

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to add a little nitro to my e85

Hello everyone I have done quite a bit of research on adding nitromethane to e85. Since it mixes well. However. There is still that 15% gas. So I was going to add acetone to suspend it. I currently have a 2013 Camaro zl1 I was gong to experiment 15% of nitro wth my blend. Any other gurus out there that can chwho me in? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-15-2016, 08:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 534 Likes on 378 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Be aware that you will likely be exhausting enough nitric acid to be highly corrosive to your exhaust system. If this is a race only issue, it is easy enough to purge after a run. I would absolutely NOT just drive around on such a mixture. Since you aren't talking crazy toxicity like hydrazine, I won't be a ***** and throw the MSDS for nitromethane at you.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
Be aware that you will likely be exhausting enough nitric acid to be highly corrosive to your exhaust system. If this is a race only issue, it is easy enough to purge after a run. I would absolutely NOT just drive around on such a mixture. Since you aren't talking crazy toxicity like hydrazine, I won't be a ***** and throw the MSDS for nitromethane at you.

It would be for racing only... But after reading the health hazards. Just not worth it unless properly setup.

Quick Reply: About to add a little nitro to my e85