Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Hydramat connection

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydramat connection

Hey! Rock crawling fool here! I'm working on an LS3 swap into a jeep tj. The current issue is making a connection from an in tank pump to the hydramat. The connection at the hydramat is 3/8 npt. No problem there, plenty of connectors out there to connect to AN hose or barbs for fuel line.
The issue is the connection at the pump itself. My tank is a genright aluminum ext model. It uses the original jeep pump module that has the fuel level sender on it. I bought a 340 lph pump to replace the one in my module, however, there is not enough "nipple" to clamp a hose on it.
I have researched this for a few days and can't find an in tank pump with a barb or threads.
The only option I am finding is using holley's 12-131 retrofit pump module. The problem there is that it has no fuel sender. There are a few things I do not want to do: cut holes in the tank for a sending unit, run an external pump, install a sump under the tank or drink warm beer.
Does anyone know of pump that will clamp or thread at the pickup? Or do you know of any universal in tank fuel sender that I can clamp onto the 12-131? I may have to cut the old sender off the module and clamp it onto the 12-131.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holley does not make it very clear in their catalog, but here is what I found out. There is one model of hydramat that has a universal type connection. It is the 16-111 and is 3x15 inches. The connection twists to tighten to different size ports. My plan will be to modify my current module to accept the aeromotive pump. If you are running an external pump there are many mat sizes to choose from. Hope this helps someone in the future!

Quick Reply: Hydramat connection