Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Bosch 044 Pump Adapter Fittings Reduce Line to <4AN?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bosch 044 Pump Adapter Fittings Reduce Line to <4AN?

Hey all-

I have a Bosch 044 pump with an 8AN to 12mm x 1.5 metric adapter from Earls AN on the outlet. I measured the inlet and outlet ID of this fitting, this adapter reduces the inlet ID of the fitting to .20 (13/64) with an outlet ID of 25/64.

This is smaller than a -4AN fitting ID of (.22). While I am not a fluid engineer, I ask what is the point of running 8AN all the way up (already have in place) if this bottle neck is present? I hesitate to drill out the fitting as it is aluminum and wonder if I should get a steel one though the pump is aluminum? Is the Earl AN fitting particularly bad or are they all this way?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Andrew
Old 11-18-2016, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default An-816-6

Sure, I would NOT drill the AL fitting, I thus agree.

My "044" fitting (AN-816-6) is steel with a larger bore and I have also increased the bore size from the original at times.

I buy S/S annealed 3/8" x 20' tubing from IMS.

I use ANVersa flairs to make my fuel lines.

ALWAYS run steel/aluminum together if possible.

Lance
Old 11-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Do you have a business that sells these fittings?? What do you do about galvanic adhesion between the steel and aluminum? What is ANversa? IMS?

I spoke with Fragola today and their fitting reduces down to around a 0.25" as well- he suggested I drill it to 5/16 (0.31) The bizarre thing is that the Russell 6AN x 12mm fitting is the same diameter through the entire fitting and is larger bore than the 12mm x 8an of around 0.34. Jegs did not have the Russell 8an x 12 in stock to see and Russell has not returned my call.

Is it ok to have this inline pump draw through an 8 an filter or is it better to put the filter afterthe pump? I also have a 6AN filter that was on the return. But that seems overkill.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Ordered Russell 670250 in to JEGS will call this AM to take a look at it. Russell has the same design (necks down to below 1/4" at the 12mm side)... 6AN is def better and prob the route I am going to take- may jump up to 8 after that maybe not.

But if you are using a 8AN fitting directly to your Bosch 044 it seems very likely you are bottlenecking your fuel system.

Quick Reply: Bosch 044 Pump Adapter Fittings Reduce Line to <4AN?