Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

hotwire kit problem from racetronix

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hotwire kit problem from racetronix

someone please give me instructions to the hotwire kit for the bulk head. there isnt a single thread on it, nor instructions on the whole web that match my connectors. pigtails are completely different.... anyone?!!

the oem pigtails plugged in before install.

these are the two pigtails from the hotwire kit...that supposedly are suppose to match up with my bulkhead of the fuel pump assembly???
Old 11-29-2016, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you read the instructions that come in the kit? It doesn't attach to the tank. It attaches down at the junction box, just inside the rear drivers side tire on the frame. Its spelled out in the instructions. You need to move some wires around at the junction box too. You can download the instructions from the Racetronix forum if you don't have them.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fbody4everyone
someone please give me instructions to the hotwire kit for the bulk head. there isnt a single thread on it, nor instructions on the whole web that match my connectors. pigtails are completely different.... anyone?!!

the oem pigtails plugged in before install.

these are the two pigtails from the hotwire kit...that supposedly are suppose to match up with my bulkhead of the fuel pump assembly???
The VPS sensor has nothing to do with our harness. The Square MP150 connector plugs into the factory fuel pump connector. If they do not match then your module has been serviced / replaced in which case you require our FPAH-001. For support please register on our forum.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 11-30-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:00 PM
Teching In

I just went through this myself. GM has two types of plugs they used on the top of the bucket. there is the 4 pin side to side plug (call this NEW) and the 4 pin square plug (call this OLD). the 4 pin square plug (OLD) had been recalled and updated to the 4 pin side by side (NEW).

from what i can see in your picture is the harness kit has OLD plug that connects into the harness on the car ( should only have 2 of the 4 wires on the back that send the level sensor data to the computer ) and then the other NEW sytle plug that connects into your fuel hat and should have all 4 wires in this plug.

this harness kit is for a vehicle that has the OLD plugs on the car and a NEW plug on the fuel hat.

from your pictures it appears that you have the NEW plug on both the car and the hat. so to fix this you will need to buy an adapter that plugs into your car wires and into the OLD plug on the harness kit. or , like what i did, buy a new connnect, terminals and plugs and update the harness kit with the NEW plug so that it will plug into your car wiring.

I believe they make these adapters if you want to just buy one. my vehicle actually had the OLD plugs on the car and on the fuel hat. I bought a different fuel hat and it had the NEW plugs on it. The harness kit that i bought from them only had the OLD plugs . so my harness would also not plug into fuel hat. after reading that the OLD plugs had issues I decided to swap all the connectors for the NEW style, including the one on my truck.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...7/#post5381794

hopefully this makes sense!

_Zblee
Old 11-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Teching In

i think this is what you need

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...AH-001&eq=&Tp=

FPAH-001

Quick Reply: hotwire kit problem from racetronix