Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

efi e85 meth injection non intercooled questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default efi e85 meth injection non intercooled questions

So I currently am running a2w setup but looking to lose some weight this next winter was thinking about going pure M1 but don't really want to go cable drive and all that and still would like to street drive when I can. Now question being is if someone was to do e85 on an efi setup and ditch an intercooler would doing a meth setup per cylinder or even say a plate kit spraying meth like nitrous work with a stand alone fuel cell up front just like nitrous work and if so what intake pump would be needed? Vs running m1 all the time through injectors. Thanks guys.

Currently have holley 160 lb injectors 417 intercooler and e85.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did this. Went from a/w to methanol injection right at the turbo for charge cooling. With twin 625cc nozzles I saw 130* at the 1/8th mile with a 100* starting temp. I'm running a billet, race covered S480 in the 20lb range

Here is what I'm fighting, huge boost creep. Grantit my gates are placed the best, but last year on e85 and intercooled it took 70%dc to make 18psi, this year 0%dc is wanting to make in the 23psi range. And if I help it along down low it only creeps faster and higher

I'm currently installing an a/a cooler to help with this till I can get more time to mess with welding on larger, more Wastegates

Id be more than happy to send datalogs if you have megalogviewer

Edit for link
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...uge-creep.html

Quick Reply: efi e85 meth injection non intercooled questions