Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Is corvette fuel filter/regulator a straight swap to Fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Bat. ****. Crazy.

I'm surprised the mods haven't cracked down on this guy. Just for ruining the site if nothing else.
I post legit info. I've got more experience than you, more book knowledge and more education. I hate to say it but... you overlook the good and focus on the "bad" (for you its just lots of scary words!) I am sorry that a large paragraph is enough to frighten you so, but thats how it looks in the real world. three sentence forum posts are like comic strips in the newspaper, a good laugh and done.

The admin seems to have come to terms with this. I hope you never do.

back to posting good info:
Did you know the voltage at the injector influences its opening and closing time? Large injectors trying to run a small pulsewidth (for idle quality and economy) might benefit from a higher voltage.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:31 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

The power output is low? Adding 120hp+ is no small bill. You should do more research into them before again blindly making statements.

We have seen over 700 rwhp just from a small build and LMR is doing well more than that on the daily. 800-1000.

An inj tip is much smaller than a square inch so if you are trying to argue that, then you need to check the ratio first. PSI = Pounds Per Square Inch.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,301 Posts

You don't NEED the FPR to be boost referenced....you only have fuel tables and airflow tables in the tune to mess with. Either you're boost referencing the the FPR and have a flat injector flow table and a different MAF/VE table......OR you don't boost referencing it and have a sloped injector flow table and different MAF/VE table. Granted, if its easily implemented a boost referenced FPR is desirable on a boosted LS, but is not required.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Adjusting the tune on a gen3 setup doesnt change fuel pump output or fuel pressure though, nor do most of the gen3s know what the fuel pressure is. The only thing it does is calculate and compensate with a longer pulse width. It doesnt raise fuel pressure or fuel pump output. It cant. It does change the volume out of the tip with the higher pw but that is all.
That, i believe, is the main point argued here.

If any of these non referenced setups were an issue you would see it when the boost is high and the inj timing window is short. That would include higher rpm mostly. I would say above 5k. That is where this issue would become the most agitated, but it is not. Most maggied setups slam max boost nearly instantly and hold it, and most of them are turned to 6500 without an issue whether on a stock setup or cammed etc.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Adjusting the tune on a gen3 setup doesnt change fuel pump output or fuel pressure though, nor do most of the gen3s know what the fuel pressure is. The only thing it does is calculate and compensate with a longer pulse width. It doesnt raise fuel pressure or fuel pump output. It cant. It does change the volume out of the tip with the higher pw but that is all.
That, i believe, is the main point argued here.

If any of these non referenced setups were an issue you would see it when the boost is high and the inj timing window is short. That would include higher rpm mostly. I would say above 5k. That is where this issue would become the most agitated, but it is not. Most maggied setups slam max boost nearly instantly and hold it, and most of them are turned to 6500 without an issue whether on a stock setup or cammed etc.
I am aware the tune doesnt change the fuel pump....brilliant observation. Thats not the point of my post. My point is it DOESNT MATTER. As long as you have sufficient flow and you are adjusting the VE table or MAF table you can compensate for any variance in fuel pressure. The tune only has fuel tables and airflow tables when setting up a tune. You stating that a given injector has a given flow rate is a swag anyways. Its based on nominal information, i.e. a 60lb injector flows 60lb/hr at 3 bar of fuel. Most LS systems run 4 bar of fuel, but there will be variance from car to car as pressures and injectors vary from batch to batch and injector to injector. That's why you also compensate in the VE/MAF tables.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You arent getting the point of where this thread has gone, nor does fuel pressure change on a non referenced system. It cant. That is what the extra pw is added for. That was clearly explained a few posts above.
The reason i said it like i did is because some gen3 vehicles do have more fuel tables to work with and sensors and gen4 can control pressure and in turn change the flow rate of injectors so they are different.
The point it has reached is whether adding boost in the manifold can be compensated for with just the computer or not. it seems youve missed that point. When he says i loses fuel pressure he is talking about the preasure difference from behind the pintle vs the pressure pushing back on it from outside the tip.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all I need to know is when will your reg/filter conversion going to be in stock? My tuner who has tuned several 800+hp street cars will handle the rest
Old 08-14-2017, 03:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The parts should all be here this week! Ill keep an eye out though
Old 08-14-2017, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

You arent getting the point of where this thread has gone, nor does fuel pressure change on a non referenced system. It cant. That is what the extra pw is added for. That was clearly explained a few posts above.
The reason i said it like i did is because some gen3 vehicles do have more fuel tables to work with and sensors and gen4 can control pressure and in turn change the flow rate of injectors so they are different.
The point it has reached is whether adding boost in the manifold can be compensated for with just the computer or not. it seems youve missed that point. When he says i loses fuel pressure he is talking about the preasure difference from behind the pintle vs the pressure pushing back on it from outside the tip.
Fuel pressure DOES chance on a non-referenced system....for exactly what you posted about the fuel pressure across the injector. In my world, I don't care what the fuel pressure shows on a gauge in the car. I care about the fuel pressure that actually enters the motor. On a nonreferenced system, 4 bar of fuel does not mean the injector is spraying 4 bar worth of pressure when it encounters pressure in the intake tract.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1charged
all I need to know is when will your reg/filter conversion going to be in stock? My tuner who has tuned several 800+hp street cars will handle the rest
Screw that, I'm not tuning anything that has WS6 store parts on it
Old 08-14-2017, 03:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The better part about the vette filter vs th in tank fpr or on rail fpr or external is, it wont short circuit the fuel system or leak. The fbody fpr retainers sometimes have an issue with warping or the diaphragm will leak and cause the pressure to go down. on the trucks with the fpr on the rail it leaks back into the manifold and causes misfires and other issues also. The aftermarket external regs can do the same thing, although ive never seen that happen. Most of their leaks are from the fittings themselves.

Adding pw doesnt combat it with more pressure it does with more volume which would never be an issue if it were not atomized at the tip.

Enough pressure acting against the tip of the injector will effect the spray pattern, that is no doubt, and at some point just adding pw wont be enough. How much pressure is a good question that I cannot answer.

Again just as i said before, its not a do or die and most setups wont have an issue.

Youre trying to argue by using exactly what i said before. Seems like you just want to argue. The difference is you arent getting the whole concept it seems.

Im not sure how much amotized fuel pressure enters the engine but im guessing not 4bar.

You are free to buy from whomever you want we have no issue with that.

We have our own tuner and dyno so we're good.

Last edited by tech@WS6store; 08-14-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

The better part about the vette filter vs th in tank fpr or on rail fpr or external is, it wont short circuit the fuel system or leak. The fbody fpr retainers sometimes have an issue with warping or the diaphragm will leak and cause the pressure to go down. on the trucks with the fpr on the rail it leaks back into the manifold and causes misfires and other issues also. The aftermarket external regs can do the same thing, although ive never seen that happen. Most of their leaks are from the fittings themselves.

Adding pw doesnt combat it with more pressure it does with more volume which would never be an issue if it were not atomized at the tip.

Enough pressure acting against the tip of the injector will effect the spray pattern, that is no doubt, and at some point just adding pw wont be enough. How much pressure is a good question that I cannot answer.

Again just as i said before, its not a do or die and most setups wont have an issue.

Youre trying to argue by using exactly what i said before. Seems like you just want to argue. The difference is you arent getting the whole concept it seems.

Im not sure how much amotized fuel pressure enters the engine but im guessing not 4bar.

You are free to buy from whomever you want we have no issue with that.

We have our own tuner and dyno so we're good.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. You obviously like what works for you and I'm good with what works for me including others I've tuned in this thread.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

No offense taken.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

These will be in stock friday but will prob ship monday or tues if ordered.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Here is the link to the complete kit!

We got the red and blue hardline adapter by accident so first kits get red and blue...sorry guys. Comes with EVERYTHING needed save for the tubing cutter and dropping the gas tank!
Old 08-29-2017, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

This includes what's needed to bypass the stock fpr? Any instructions included?
Old 08-29-2017, 05:22 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Straight tube to go down into bucket.

No pictures (yet) but we do email instructions for it.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Straight tube to go down into bucket.

No pictures (yet) but we do email instructions for it.
Sounds like a good plug and play setup.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Covers every aspect. even eliminating the factory filter.

Quick Reply: Is corvette fuel filter/regulator a straight swap to Fbody?