Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Sealed gas cap for a 67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sealed gas cap for a 67 Camaro

Working on a 1967 Camaro. I have an LS1 with a 4L60E trani. I installed a Ricks Tank. I need to supply a good venting to my tank. I was advised to use a ii much vent system. When I purchased the tank, I was told to use the stock neck...it wouldn't be a problem to fill. But the problem is with sealing that neck to make a sealed gas cap...Trying to go for a stock look. Any suggestions what part numbers for a cap that would work? Anyone have any info on the ll Much venting? I know this is a common fuel injection problem with these resto-mods. Many people complain of not enough power or hesitation and this is all do to venting. I feel like this problem never gets addressed correctly with all these tank manufacturers. They even sell them with the old style neck on some. How are people sealing those tanks to make it a sealed gas cap? Any ideas to seal the cap so I can use the II much venting setup. Do I have to replace the neck now? Then a canister? These tanks are not cheap and now I have a new set of venting expenses to make the tank work correctly.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

As far as I know the stock gas cap is a sealed style cap They didn't start using vented caps until much later. The vent was on the top/top corner of the fuel tank or built into the sending unit. I know in the 60's-70's Chevys there was a hard line that went to a vapor charcoal filter in the engine bay.

Quick Reply: Sealed gas cap for a 67 Camaro