Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

ID2000s vs, Holley 160s?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 754 Likes on 408 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default ID2000s vs, Holley 160s?

I ll keep it short and sweet, lookn to know which injectors to step up to. I set up my fuel system early on to be twin Walboro 450s and 80lb SD injectors. Dunno why or where I read itd be ok, but that's what I currently have. I ve got several people telling me its not enough to support 1k whp on my set up. I ve read a lot of good things about each of the 2 injectors, ID2000s and Holley 160s. I ll admit my combo is NOT complete yet and never been fired. I ll give some basics on the car as it sits. Just got done ordering up the rest of my Holley Dominator and related components. So I'm gettn real close...kinda....wiring of whole car next...uggghhh!

65' Chevy nova
Built/forged LS2
PnP 243 heads
LJMS stage 2 turbo cam
FI s484 turbo t6
Holley Dominator
4l80e

Pumpgas(93 Octane) streetcar, with fuel system built for e85 if I ever need a racetune. E85 is scarce around here and not likely coming soon. There are a couple fill stations here with it. So at best, I'm guessing I may have a small stock pile or access to it for special occasions. I'm hopn detuned and on moderate boost she ll make 850+ whp. But itd be nice to have some room to grow and lean on it alil. I know some tuners have different strategies on fueling, so I don't wanna be that guy who runs outta fuel on the dyno after waiting forever to get up n running and make it to a dyno tune session.

Fuel system as it sits now:
Ricks efi tank w/ twin walboro 450s in a billet hat
-10 PTFE lined hose up to the firewall, splits into (2) -8 feeds to Holley rails in parallel
Siemens Deka 80lb injectors, stock LS2 manifold
meeting at Holley boost referenced fuel pressure regulator
-8 return line back to tank

Link to my build thread if interested:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ls2-build.html
Old 09-07-2017, 02:14 PM
7 Second Club

Received 332 Likes on 223 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Considering it's a pump gas street car you have more than enough fuel since you are going to be octane limited. If E85 is scarce just use a regular race fuel and you should be able to get up to around 850-900 rwhp with those injectors and fuel pumps at a high enough base pressure. Just remember don't go for the largest injector you can find, size it appropriately so that you aren't constantly riding the minimum pulsewidth of the injector. You want to use the full dynamic range of the injector.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 754 Likes on 408 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Roger that. Im pretty sure thats how i originaly landed on these pumps n injectors...alot of reading n opinions later, i figured that itd get me over 900whp with some good tuning n driveability. Guess i ll let it ride than n see. So thankful im gettn closer.

Quick Reply: ID2000s vs, Holley 160s?