Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

PWM fuel pump setup. Why is it not more common?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 06:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

I've done a fair bit of testing recently with cheap crap China sensors whether on oil or water injection.

Compared to better quality sensors on my car, the readings from them do seem a lot more erratic and require more filtering. But for non critical items ( and most only cost me £10ea ) that's of no real concern. Using them mostly for information so no harm can come if they do fail.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I've done a fair bit of testing recently with cheap crap China sensors whether on oil or water injection.

Compared to better quality sensors on my car, the readings from them do seem a lot more erratic and require more filtering. But for non critical items ( and most only cost me £10ea ) that's of no real concern. Using them mostly for information so no harm can come if they do fail.
I do a running average when datalogging, just like most datalogging software does. Nice smooth graph with the noise filtered out.
Someone I know has managed to fail a couple of them by supplying them with 12v instead of 5v because he didn't want to tap into a 5v rev and ground in his factory harness.
There are a few unused 5v and ground pins on the factory PCM connector that he could have easily tapped into. They did manage to last a few months on 12v.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a Fuel On Demand from Professional Products. Works awesome. Programmable for desired pressure and also for return style or returnless. One problem... They're not available anymore lol

Quick video of mine running on the laptop:

Old 08-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Launching!

During a pull on a Mustang Dyno:

Old 08-04-2018, 04:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Do Fore or Vaporworx or offer something similar ? Although perhaps without the on screen info ?
Old 08-04-2018, 06:57 AM
Launching!

I talked to professional products last November and they said they were developing a new PWM without the glitz and glamour of the computer software. Will be a low cost option for the LS crowd. I'm not sure when it's expected to be done though.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 66 BADBOY
I talked to professional products last November and they said they were developing a new PWM without the glitz and glamour of the computer software. Will be a low cost option for the LS crowd. I'm not sure when it's expected to be done though.
what ever came of this?

Quick Reply: PWM fuel pump setup. Why is it not more common?