Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Mounting Y block for NHRA compliance.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting Y block for NHRA compliance.

I’m currently running -8/-6 lines and have everything pretty neat and tidy down the drivers side frame referencing other photos I’ve found through searches. I’d like to run parallel fuel rails, and if possible Fed from the back. I have a Y block and 90 fittings to go parallel to the firewall, but to the best of my knowledge, no lines can be mounted to the firewall and fuel distribution blocks have to be x distance from the bellhousing and such. I was wondering if anyone had any input on where to possibly mount this Y block (directly in front of the brake booster is all I can think of).

The picture is where my lines are now (I apologize for iPhone potato quality)

, with the supply wrapped around the steering shaft for the time being. Also any input/advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Airhwhip; 01-22-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I looped mine all the way around the booster and had the y block right past the booster. I had manual brakes here but you can see the block is right there and the lines are pretty short. Flush all lines before you do final connections.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the lines routed today, and flushing tomorrow before slapping them on the rails. Thanks for the information.

How much of a flush do you think it needs in terms of volume? Using a ton of Ignite Red to flush lines may make me shed a tear or two.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Those are quart cups pictured above. I filled them 2/3rds full twice. First time had a bunch of trash, second time was almost perfectly clean.

Quick Reply: Mounting Y block for NHRA compliance.