Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Lack of acceleration & hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of acceleration & hesitation

I was wondering if someone would know what can be causing my car to hesitate and lack power when accelerating. Mechanically the car is great I just fixed it. It had a p0300 code but then I fixed It and took it to a electrician he said the 6 cylinder wasn't responded as it should but the problem was just a bad ignition coil after he fixed it up. My car acted like it should for a day and then it started to hesitate and lack power. It's not showing any codes. Also when I floor it it shows its power and after that it runs like it should. Until I turn it off and let it cool down it will start off good but then start to hesitate again until it gets some tough love. Thanks in advance for y'alls advice.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If you were having a P0300 code before, you may want to swap out your plugs just in case they got fouled up during the previous misfire problem. Inspect all the wires and make sure they are snug. Check all connections to the coil packs and maybe that will be all that is needed.

It may not be necessary, but it won't hurt anything to inspect your MAF and possibly have it cleaned out carefully.

Lastly you could check all vacuum and intake hoses/tubes for any cracks or leaks.

Quick Reply: Lack of acceleration & hesitation