Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Going lean!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going lean!!!

Issue I'm having is the car going lean on the highway. Its fine cruising, but if I slow down and pick up speed again the air/fuel gauge swoops to the lean side and the car shudders and hesitates. But if I floor it the car has no problem hauling ***. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and it measured 62 psi at idle and 62 while cruising. When it shuddered it maintained the 62 psi as well. No check engine light has come on yet, which makes it more confusing. Some of the engine mods are the LSA blower at 9 psi w/ ls9 cam and the small bore LSX ls3 heads, and 80lb injectors. Also running the 4l60E with a 3600 yank converter.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Running a MAF? O2 sensors functioning correctly?
Old 06-09-2018, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by punisher02
Issue I'm having is the car going lean on the highway. Its fine cruising, but if I slow down and pick up speed again the air/fuel gauge swoops to the lean side and the car shudders and hesitates. But if I floor it the car has no problem hauling ***. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and it measured 62 psi at idle and 62 while cruising. When it shuddered it maintained the 62 psi as well. No check engine light has come on yet, which makes it more confusing. Some of the engine mods are the LSA blower at 9 psi w/ ls9 cam and the small bore LSX ls3 heads, and 80lb injectors. Also running the 4l60E with a 3600 yank converter.
What is rwhp level and why such a big injector?

Don't know if product literature is accurate or not, but I have read the large injectors 80 and up are slower to react - makes sense as described. Whether true or not?

Might be in your tune instead or injector scaling is off. SD tunes IMO give the most crisp throttle response with FI. I would have your tuner data log and reexamine your tune.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to get the tune checked this past Saturday and of course the car wouldn't duplicate the problem like it was before hand. But he did notice that the car did need more fuel in some areas and had also adjusted the timing. As far as the size of the injectors I cant answer on the size, due to me buying the car already built.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 168 Likes on 119 Posts

My car was doing that to me once, I think i replaced the o2s and it went away