Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Stock tank with aftermarket lines.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock tank with aftermarket lines.

1999 z28, going to after market lines but keeping stock tank and hat, 340 pump and -8 feed line... have a 12-846 Holley regulator and wondering about what return line I should use? People have said go bigger than the feed line and others have said go smaller! Just looking for what I need to do as it’s the last part I need done.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bismarck_z28
1999 z28, going to after market lines but keeping stock tank and hat, 340 pump and -8 feed line... have a 12-846 Holley regulator and wondering about what return line I should use? People have said go bigger than the feed line and others have said go smaller! Just looking for what I need to do as it’s the last part I need done.
In for info....I'll be doing the exact same thing here shortly.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bismarck_z28
I would say same size or bigger. As long as there is not excessive pressure in the return line. Its possible a smaller line will work. A bonus with a bigger return line, if you ever upgrade to the point your current feed line isnt big enough, you have a bigger line already there. Just switch them as long as the return doesnt have too much pressure.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Broken944
I would say same size or bigger. As long as there is not excessive pressure in the return line. Its possible a smaller line will work. A bonus with a bigger return line, if you ever upgrade to the point your current feed line isnt big enough, you have a bigger line already there. Just switch them as long as the return doesnt have too much pressure.
Thanks, I think for my set up the -8 feed and -6 will be best for my set up, nitrous car with a stand alone