Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Ms3 Pro Evo, or ms3 Pro ultimate, school me on peak and hold injector driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ms3 Pro Evo, or ms3 Pro ultimate, school me on peak and hold injector driver

So I'm at a Crossroads on witch system to buy, school me on why I might need Peak and hold injector driver over the other. This is the only thing keeping me from buying one system or the other.

Last edited by boostedrides; 09-02-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Surely someone has to have knowledge on the subject. From the little bit of research I've done about it, it's my understanding that if I wanted to run something like a 550 label an hour injector or something crazy like that I may need the peak and hold injector driver
Old 09-03-2018, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,025 Likes on 2,356 Posts

Give it more time. Not that many people here know the difference of what you are talking about
Old 09-05-2018, 11:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Well you give zero information about what you're dreaming of building or why you might even need those injectors !
Old 09-06-2018, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

What is a peak and hold signal? A peak and hold signal is a complex signal used to operate a low impedance injector. Peak and hold signals have two parts: a high initial current used to quickly open the injector and a low secondary current that is sufficient to hold the injector open until the end of the pulse. The low secondary current allows the injector to close more quickly since it takes less time for the weaker electrical field to collapse. Because of the two-step nature of the signal and the rudimentary construction of fuel injectors in the 1980’s, low impedance injectors of that time were more preferable than high impedance injectors for high-flow high performance applications; they could deliver more fuel more reliably than comparable high impedance injectors.

What is a saturated signal?

A saturated signal is a simple signal used to operate high impedance injectors. A single intensity signal is sent to a fuel injector which causes the valve to open and remain open until the signal has ended. The new technology used in the design and construction of today’s high impedance injectors allows much larger flow rates, much better response times, and much more predictable low pulse width operation than previous designs – all without overheating. This means that low impedance injectors are no longer the peak of performance when considering fuel injectors.

http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/faqs/#1

http://autoditex.com/page/peak-hold-injector-53-1.html

http://www.enginebasics.com/Engine%2...ctors%202.html

Found this and much more through a quick google search.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow .boB! That answered many of my questions on injector operation! Thank you!
Old 09-06-2018, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Give it more time. Not that many people here know the difference of what you are talking about
That's because, I didn't want it to be about my combo.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by .boB
What is a peak and hold signal? A peak and hold signal is a complex signal used to operate a low impedance injector. Peak and hold signals have two parts: a high initial current used to quickly open the injector and a low secondary current that is sufficient to hold the injector open until the end of the pulse. The low secondary current allows the injector to close more quickly since it takes less time for the weaker electrical field to collapse. Because of the two-step nature of the signal and the rudimentary construction of fuel injectors in the 1980’s, low impedance injectors of that time were more preferable than high impedance injectors for high-flow high performance applications; they could deliver more fuel more reliably than comparable high impedance injectors.

What is a saturated signal?

A saturated signal is a simple signal used to operate high impedance injectors. A single intensity signal is sent to a fuel injector which causes the valve to open and remain open until the signal has ended. The new technology used in the design and construction of today’s high impedance injectors allows much larger flow rates, much better response times, and much more predictable low pulse width operation than previous designs – all without overheating. This means that low impedance injectors are no longer the peak of performance when considering fuel injectors.

http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/faqs/#1

http://autoditex.com/page/peak-hold-injector-53-1.html

http://www.enginebasics.com/Engine%2...ctors%202.html

Found this and much more through a quick google search.
Thank thank you very much for posting, this definitely explains everything in great detail.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by boostedrides
That's because, I didn't want it to be about my combo.
This has nothing to do with my statement above....
Old 09-06-2018, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Sorry I quoted the wrong the post, I was talking about Stevie turbos post.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh OK, no problem!
Old 09-09-2018, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

You're welcome. Glad I could help.