Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel line and fittings help

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel line and fittings help

Have a different thread on wiring so now i want to make sure I have the fuel line setup squared away in my swap- TBSS LS2 in a 1964 Cutlass.

Background on what the setup will be- Stock tank with sock filter -> Carter 4070 external pump for lift-> surge tank with Bosch 044 inclosed -> vette regulator filter->rails
Return from Vette reg will dump back to the surge tank, then overflow from the surge will go back to OG fuel tank.

​I'd like to run as much hardline as possible so I'll hit up the local pick n pull for some off a newer truck and make that work from the regulator to rails​​​​​​
  1. Do I need the check valve in the Bosch? I'd assume yes, but threads all over say they removed it.
  2. What fittings are going to be best for the tank -> pump -> surge and out? Would I be okey to run push on line from tank to Carter pump to surge then to Vette regulator? Tank, Carter, and surge all have push on fittings, if id be better off using Teflon braided, then what fittings would be needed?
  3. -6 an for feed?
  4. Willmy stock 5/16 work for return?

Power goals-- lookinglooking to be cam only (epp blower cam) then a Maggie a year or 2 down the road. End all... maybe around 600rwhp

Last edited by Fst_Byrd; 10-05-2018 at 04:46 PM.