Fuel pump trigger wire intermittent fault - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump trigger wire intermittent fault

Old 01-06-2019, 11:57 PM

Default Fuel pump trigger wire intermittent fault

Hi guys,

Iím having an issue with my 2001 LS1 PCM that has been rewired with a stand-alone harness. The trigger wire for the fuel pump relay is faulting intermittently. When I turn the ignition on the fuel pump will usually trigger but recently sometimes this has not been happening. If I turn the ignition on and off many times eventually the fuel pump will trigger. This has been worsening over time. Once the engine is running the fuel pump will continue to run just fine.

Iíve tested the trigger wire with a test light and the cause seems to be that the PCM just isnít supplying power to the trigger wire at times.

Does this sound like a faulty PCM or is there anything else that might be causing this? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

Try to remove and re-seat your fuel pump relay. Try a new relay. I keep a spare configured PCM around for this kind of troubleshooting.

Rick
Old 01-07-2019, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Check your grounds. I'd start there.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: