Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Does this fuel pump wiring diagram look right?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Does this fuel pump wiring diagram look right?

2009 ZR1 with factory fuel pump and FPCM. I had a single Bosch 044 and added another one. I did not install the first one, bought it like that. Everything is done except the wiring. Does my diagram look correct? I only want the Bosch pumps to come on under boost. I am adding a TVS2650 and expect results to be in the 1000-1030whp range and don't want to worry about fuel.

The original pump appears (I haven't traced all the wiring yet) directly wired to the + post on the engine bay fuse box via a pressure switch. I.E. No relays, circuit breakers that I have found (yet). I am wanting to add them for safety reasons.

My initial thought was to just Y the pump end wiring and run to the additional pump as well but I don't know if that is wise without relays, etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by blake b; 12-05-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

For most part yes. Other than there being no real safety aspect.

I would always prefer to have the relays ground triggered. As you're choosing to use a pressure switch....I running the ground through that instead of the live.

For the positive side of the relay trigger coil, either an ignition based live. Or better still for both aspects ( live or ground ), either the ecu trigger for the original pumps ( or via FPCM if possible )

That way the extra pumps will still shut off in any event where the engine stops turning. Although in theory they probably should anyway once boost is gone.

But as you've drawn it, potentially if the hobbs switch failed it could have both those pumps running full time under any circumstances, engine off or on, ignition off or on.

Quick Reply: Does this fuel pump wiring diagram look right?