Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help with fuel lines .

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2022 | 06:31 AM
Teching In

Default Help with fuel lines .

I have no idea what I'm doing. This is new and a learning experience for me. Can someone tell me what the name of the lines and adapters I need to connect my fuel lines to my fuel rail. My fuel rail is -8an but I don't know what all is needed. Thank you
Old 10-25-2022 | 06:35 AM
Teching In

Also if anyone lives in central Florida area and has experience ls3 swapping into a firebird I'm in need of someone to guide me as my helper isn't able to help because of medical reasons.
Old 10-25-2022 | 07:24 AM
TECH Regular
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ToxicBiz

I have no idea what I'm doing. This is new and a learning experience for me. Can someone tell me what the name of the lines and adapters I need to connect my fuel lines to my fuel rail. My fuel rail is -8an but I don't know what all is needed. Thank you

EARL'S O.E. FUEL LINE EFI QUICK CONNECT -8 TO 3/8" - BLACK

https://www.holley.com/products/plumbing_an_fittings_and_hose/adapters/carburetor_-_power_steering_-_fuel_pump_-_fuel_injection_adapters/quick_connects/parts/AT991986ERL
and
https://www.holley.com/products/plum...ts/AT991965ERL

are what i used when I initially had my lines setup that way. I have now changed to 100% PTFE lines
Old 11-16-2022 | 01:05 PM
On The Tree

I got both of mine at Amazon. Here ya go... hope this helps
i got one for the main fuel line and one for the return and if the fuel lines are both 1 size ill just return the smaller one and replace it with a 2nd one of whichever these fit. But from reading a few threads the main fuel line is a 3/8ths and return line is the smaller 5/16ths. So for 20 bones you are good to go and you might need a small piece of fuel line to go from this AN fuel connector to the fuel rail connecting fitting the army navy or AN fittings on fuel rail to these adapters. But you can call summit or jegs or many other places and have them make you a fuel line to your specs so say a 10 or 12 inch syeel or black nylon braided hose with one end a 6AN and if your fuel rail has an 8AN just tell summit or whomever what you want and it will be at your door in 3..4 days. Hope this helps you out.

Jay.

Old 11-26-2022 | 11:19 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys for the responses. I was thinking about going with these :
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-at991986erl
and
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-at991965erl

so what hoses and other fittings would I need ? Thank you

Old 11-26-2022 | 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Is this a 99+ F body? If so, it is a returnless system.

If so, the larger factory line is the fuel feed line.

The smaller is an EVAP. IT IS NOT A RETURN LINE.

The 98 F bodies did have a return style fuel system like the 97-98 Vettes did.

If it is a 99+ F body, you will need to attach the factory feed line to the front drivers side rail and put a cap on the front passenger side fuel rail.

If it's a 98 F body with a return style fuel system you are going to need to buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and add some more lines.

The following users liked this post:
ToxicBiz (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022 | 06:14 AM
Teching In

Yes it's a 99 and thank you ! Can you recommend a aftermarket hose and fittings that I can connect from the hard lines to the fuel rail and evap system?
Old 11-28-2022 | 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Yes it's a 99 and thank you ! Can you recommend a aftermarket hose and fittings that I can connect from the hard lines to the fuel rail and evap system?
I don't know of any off the shelf aftermarket premade lines. That intake is designed to use the factory lines for the EVAP.

For the fuel lines, I would figure out the way you want them routed, order the fittings and a section of AN line and make your own. It's not hard to make them.

Last edited by LilJayV10; 11-28-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Help with fuel lines .