Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Factory EFI

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2023 | 05:18 AM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Default Factory EFI

Looking at going EFI, and get a lot of issues reported with aftermarket stuff.
Thinking factory EFI and using a Holley Terminator or ? $$$ is an issue since I don't want to drop $5K into it. Carbd right now as I had NO EFI parts with motor.
Thoughts on a Factory LS3 take-off ? (LY6)...or something better ?

Last edited by Doug G; 02-09-2023 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-09-2023 | 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

If $$$ is an issue why not stay carbed?

What engine will you be using (cathedral heads or rec port?) and im assuming your referring to "factory EFI" as just the intake setup? Since you also mentioned a Holley ECM.
If you have rec port heads then the Ly6 intake is a great choice, you would be looking at around $2500-3000 to convert using Holley and a factory intake by the time you add in the rest of the fuel system.
Old 02-09-2023 | 03:12 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ls7colorado
If $$$ is an issue why not stay carbed?

What engine will you be using (cathedral heads or rec port?) and im assuming your referring to "factory EFI" as just the intake setup? Since you also mentioned a Holley ECM.
If you have rec port heads then the Ly6 intake is a great choice, you would be looking at around $2500-3000 to convert using Holley and a factory intake by the time you add in the rest of the fuel system.
That was part of the great price... it was just a LQ4 long block, then it got LS3 heads that were shaved to get approx 10.8:1 comp, and an aftermarket cam.
I had all the carb and fuel supply, just needed an intake.

Now, every time I see a buddies car with EFI, just reach in the window, bump the key, starts right up...I keep looking, but don't want to give up any power.
I even looked at a Sniper system, but IDK. Thought factory may be a better option ?

Then adding a power adder (and E85) looks more feasible.

Quick Reply: Factory EFI