Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS1 Noise from Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2024 | 04:54 PM

Default LS1 Noise from Injectors

I知 new to the Forum and am sure this has been addressed but I知 having trouble finding it. I just put Heads Cam and Lifters in my LS1
After driving for some time it developed a noise similar to lifters but not that metallic. Someone said it was my Injectors. The engine is out of a 2002 Firebird The heads and cam are from Trick Flow that included Harlan Sharp Roller Rockes. The injectors are Stock and came with the engine when I bought it ( it had ~ 40,000 miles) so I have not changed them. This noise also will go away for some time then come back I知 at a lost and with New Hearing Aids its Now Driving me Crazy
Old 10-02-2024 | 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Electronic fuel injectors do make a light clicking noise.
Some more than others, but it is normal
Old 10-02-2024 | 05:22 PM

This isn’t light and was not there before the head and cam swap I used LS7 lifters from Texas Speed
Old 10-02-2024 | 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Then are you sure it's the injectors making noise?
Did you measure for correct pushrods when you did the cam?
If your new cam has a smaller base circle, you do need longer pushrods.
Old 10-02-2024 | 06:06 PM

The Head and Cam Kit came from Trick Flow and came with push rods that matched the base circle
every thing was fine, Great Performance No noise. It was after ~ 500:miles this started plus it comes and goes. If it were a lifter or cam lobe going bad it wouldn’t go away. Performance hasn’t been affected, still runs Great Just sounds like S@#T
not Sure what it is. Wondering if anyone has had Very Loud injectors. When I first fire it off cold it sounds like it’s sucking a lot of air then settles down once warm. I have a long tube from Air filter to throttle body. ~ 2 feet to get cooler air. Sorry for grasping at straws but I’m stumped on where to look
Old 10-02-2024 | 06:18 PM

Also if I put my Stethoscope on each injector I do get one that sounds louder than the rest but not noticeable without

if I were to replace the injectors what’s the best to use. Also will I have to re tune ???

Last edited by Dsah; 10-02-2024 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2024 | 09:49 PM
TECH Veteran
10 Year Member

Scott Settlemeir claims a lot of the LS noise is from the injectors.
Old 10-06-2024 | 12:39 AM
TECH Veteran
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Dsah
The Head and Cam Kit came from Trick Flow and came with push rods that matched the base circle
every thing was fine, Great Performance No noise. It was after ~ 500:miles this started plus it comes and goes. If it were a lifter or cam lobe going bad it wouldn稚 go away. Performance hasn稚 been affected, still runs Great Just sounds like S@#T
not Sure what it is. Wondering if anyone has had Very Loud injectors. When I first fire it off cold it sounds like it痴 sucking a lot of air then settles down once warm. I have a long tube from Air filter to throttle body. ~ 2 feet to get cooler air. Sorry for grasping at straws but I知 stumped on where to look
If the noise comes and goes you can 100% rule out injectors. You have something else going on.
The following users liked this post:
Old Buzzard (Today)

Quick Reply: LS1 Noise from Injectors