Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

42lb injectors? delphi or svo? Delphi is cheaper!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 02:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ
**** i spent more money on the racetronix than i would have on the svo doesn't make much sence to pay more for programing too. thats just stupid
I think i want my money back! so i can just buy the svo unless i can get some assistance.
thats just bad business on racetronix part
Have you tried calling a Thunder on this?

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-23-2005, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Have you tried calling a Thunder on this?
yeah and they told me because ive already run fuel trough them they won't take them back all though they have only seen 30 mins max of run time.

I'm really starting to feal i got screwed!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the config from TR then, and POST IT!!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
get the config from TR then, and POST IT!!!!
Was this directed at me?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ
yeah and they told me because ive already run fuel trough them they won't take them back all though they have only seen 30 mins max of run time.

I'm really starting to feal i got screwed!
Did you ask them for technical assistance?

Let's loose the subjective and angular comments. It does nothing to help resolve the issues here!

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-23-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BottledZ - Just like RedHardSupra said: Try calling TR and get config from them directly. Make sure it includes what needs to happen for the injectors to work. Racetronix ones are tricky due to their pulse width.... then go ahead and post it here so people can tune their cars....
Old 05-23-2005, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AdamSS
BottledZ - Just like RedHardSupra said: Try calling TR and get config from them directly. Make sure it includes what needs to happen for the injectors to work. Racetronix ones are tricky due to their pulse width.... then go ahead and post it here so people can tune their cars....
It's going to be hard to get that from thunder they don't even tune speed density cars.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

So you people need data to fill in the IFR and IOV tables in LS1 edit?

What else?

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-23-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

that, and whatever else is necessary.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
that, and whatever else is necessary.
That is pretty vague.
What other tables are SPECIFIC to the injectors?

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-23-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok i have been trying to tune my 38# racetronix injectors for a while now. i have talked DIRECTLY to geoff at thunder racing and he told me the only thing that they do there for the injectors is to adjust the IFR tables for them. if i did the car would run bad unless it was rich. i however, even though i am a "do it yourselfer" like to go into more detail in my tune and get the idle not so rich. by making the car run right the injectors get to a limit where the pulse width is too small for them to properly flow at. once i get near about 1.7-1.8ms of pulse width the idle starts to get bad. if i leave the car rich and the pulse width is above 2.0ms the car runs great, just rich. i have tried every little table you can possibly do for injectors. even though i have been told countless times im my posts that i was just "not experienced enough" to tune the car (by a guy that actually tunes them and has them running good, but yet couldnt help me out on it, which makes me think it was just some bs) i have enough experience and knowing about the open and closed loop fueling to see that these injectors just cannot perform well at low pulse widths, which more fbodies see a lot.

to get these to work right you would have to

a) make the car rich (my cam seemed to help out idle problems with proprotional idle fueling turned off)

b) decrease the fuel pressure to force the injecotrs to run a higher pulse width, and this would let u actually CORRECTLY fuel the car.

i dont like to lie to the computer just to get something to work right, you shouldnt have to do that. i have talked to many vendors about this and they do nothing more than tune the IFR tables, which im sure its tuned to run richer so the car wont stumble at idle. if you want any information about what i did or what i tried let me know, i have done it all. i am just worried about my light throttle where the pulse width drops down to about 1.8-1.9ms, i dont want to have any issues with this. these injectors seem to do tricky things with the o2 oscillations.

there was a post going about how the high impedence injectors were trouble, it was pretty good. the fords could flow down to .9ms while these high-z could only go high 1.x ms
Old 05-23-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

here is just a list of things i have spent about 100+ different tunes adjusting on:

-minimum pulse width
-default pulse width
-proportional idle
-proportional base vs. airflow
-ifr tables
-ve tables
-proportional idle o2 error
-proportional base vs. airflow o2 error

those are the main ones i have adjusted on, but then again i am just a "do it yourselfer" and prob have no idea what i did

oh wait...
Old 05-24-2005, 12:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We will have the IFR tables ready in a couple days.
The IOV tables will require a bit longer due the the amount of time required on the flowbench.

There is no guarantee that this data will solve all the problems people are having but hopefully it well help.
Some problems are simply not injector related.

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-24-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

any kind of data you can give us on the injectors would be great, the flow data would help up "DIY" figure out where we need to be at through a few equations. any any kind of numbers you can get on when the injectors reach insufficent flow and "misfire" would be great as well
Old 05-24-2005, 12:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The min PW on the flowbench will not be the same as in an LS1 motor. Idle issues some people are having are probably more to due with their cam selection and expected vs. achievable A/F. You must use a good WBO2 A/F meter to tune your car.

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-24-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

The min PW on the flowbench will not be the same as in an LS1 motor. Idle issues some people are having are probably more to due with their cam selection and expected vs. achievable A/F. You must use a good WBO2 A/F meter to tune your car.

i actually get better idle with my larger cam than i did wiht my smaller stock cam. i figured this much anyway, which i why i installed it because i was tired of dealing with the other issues. figured the other cam was too small for the injecotrs
Old 05-24-2005, 12:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
figured the other cam was too small for the injecotrs

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-24-2005, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

the stock cam i was told would not work well with larger injectors because it does not requires as much fual as a larger cam would. my new cam would require more fuel, increasing the pulse width, taking me out of that area where the car stumbles
Old 05-24-2005, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

So you people need data to fill in the IFR and IOV tables in LS1 edit?

What else?
What would need to be done for an Lt1 cars with speed density using tuner C.A.T.S
with a 37lb Racetronix?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
ok i have been trying to tune my 38# racetronix injectors for a while now. i have talked DIRECTLY to geoff at thunder racing and he told me the only thing that they do there for the injectors is to adjust the IFR tables for them. if i did the car would run bad unless it was rich. i however, even though i am a "do it yourselfer" like to go into more detail in my tune and get the idle not so rich. by making the car run right the injectors get to a limit where the pulse width is too small for them to properly flow at. once i get near about 1.7-1.8ms of pulse width the idle starts to get bad. if i leave the car rich and the pulse width is above 2.0ms the car runs great, just rich. i have tried every little table you can possibly do for injectors. even though i have been told countless times im my posts that i was just "not experienced enough" to tune the car (by a guy that actually tunes them and has them running good, but yet couldnt help me out on it, which makes me think it was just some bs) i have enough experience and knowing about the open and closed loop fueling to see that these injectors just cannot perform well at low pulse widths, which more fbodies see a lot.

to get these to work right you would have to

a) make the car rich (my cam seemed to help out idle problems with proprotional idle fueling turned off)

b) decrease the fuel pressure to force the injecotrs to run a higher pulse width, and this would let u actually CORRECTLY fuel the car.

i dont like to lie to the computer just to get something to work right, you shouldnt have to do that. i have talked to many vendors about this and they do nothing more than tune the IFR tables, which im sure its tuned to run richer so the car wont stumble at idle. if you want any information about what i did or what i tried let me know, i have done it all. i am just worried about my light throttle where the pulse width drops down to about 1.8-1.9ms, i dont want to have any issues with this. these injectors seem to do tricky things with the o2 oscillations.

there was a post going about how the high impedence injectors were trouble, it was pretty good. the fords could flow down to .9ms while these high-z could only go high 1.x ms

A couple of things here:

You e-mailed me on several occaisions. I begged you to call me and talk to me on the phone. IMHO the communication is much better over the phone than via e-mail for some things. You never seemed to call me. Funny thing is that I have used these injectors quite extensively and never had any real problems tuning them in. I don't use HP Tuners so I couldn't look at your files, now with EFI Live I can. I am not sure what was wrong, but all I can say is that I have no problem getting them to work for me. If you would like any further help from me PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL ME. I have a toll free number so it doesn't even cost you anything to do this.

The second point I would like to make if anyone is interested is that I do speed density tuning on LS1's and have for some time.

Quick Reply: 42lb injectors? delphi or svo? Delphi is cheaper!!