Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive Custom Fuel System Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone care to host pics; I'll show you a nice system.

My filter is mounted where that pump is on the drivers side though, then routes back to pump. I've yet to have a problem, but I also don't drive all over the country. I have taken several extend travels to car shows, and the track. Maybe 60 miles round trip in one day, in the heat of summer.

I'm using a Speed inc. sumped tank and Aeroquip lines/fittings. The huge Spintech muffler still resides in the rear, right below the tank lines. I must be lucky, or maybe my work is truely top notch!

I would suggest wrapping the lines, w/ this
Old 09-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Banned

JM: Ya, we used a lot of straps originally , we want to clean up the system for the customer but he is away until next Tuesday I want to see what he wants to do before I touch anything. I was told to zip tie everything, so we'll see what he wants to do from there.

stroked: We used that heat wrap already up near the headers/inlet piping for the intercooler. Wouldnt be a bad idea to use it near the rear, but as I said I need to see what the customer wants us to do. Oh and if you wanted to send pics to matt@ttperformance.net I'd have no problem hosting them for ya...

Here is a bunch of pics of the original work:

http://www.ttperformance.net/STS/

Last edited by TTPMatt; 09-01-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

tinypic.com for pic hosting

or register on photobucket.

I'm a tad confused on your fueling setup however. If there is a dead head line to the driver side rail, then the regulator is after the line on the passenger side, how does the drivers side get regulated? it seems like there would be a push of fuel to that side....

looking to learn not much fuel system knowledge.

I will say this however, v6bird has done some amazing stuff with his setup, and had some great times out of it. Don't discount his knowledge just because you have people for you that "worked" on cars that went 6 seconds. Not trying to flame, but hell I've "worked" on cars that went 8s.....
Old 09-01-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
V6 Bird:So, since you are the professional car builder here what times has your car run with the "CORRECT" fuel system? *laugh*
9 Sec 1/4 miler with a stock longblock...Cam only nitrous setup. Drive the car everywhere, to school work and in between. Any more questions, TTPMatt?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys need to keep it clean and focus on the Tech, not the Bashing.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ryan K
You guys need to keep it clean and focus on the Tech, not the Bashing.
I gave the tech info...He smarted off...Thats all!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
I gave the tech info...He smarted off...Thats all!
Here's my custom battery tray made by me from Aluminum and my nifty and clean use of zip ties. Notice how they are turn so you cant see the locking device
Old 09-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Banned

9 Sec 1/4 miler with a stock longblock...Cam only nitrous setup.
That is a broad range. 9.99, 9.20, 9.05 ?? Timeslip/Video?? <-- I highly doubt it, lol.

Last edited by TTPMatt; 09-02-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Better yet, it was a DRY setup too.

car wasnt even whored out...
Old 09-02-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

That is a broad range. 9.99, 9.20, 9.05 ?? Timeslip/Video?? <-- I highly doubt it, lol.
I dont post videos of my car with slips....Im a street racer at heart man. Ill post a video of me racing a 5 sec 1/8 stang though as soon as i can get my hands on it for someone to host it....

Someone want to host it for me?

Tehm dry shots are weak, no way it can run a 9 with that...
I was hoping youd have something to say about how clean that battery install was...But of course not, since you cant compare gold to bronze...LMAO
Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Banned

V6: The battery installation is pretty clean. Not something I would do, but it was a nice job. You didnt have many positive things to say about our installation so I didnt feel compeled to say much about yours... Now let's stop the bickering, put the **** on the road, and race!

I'm not here to fight with anyone, but don't think I wont defend my work. We know exactly what we are doing, but we have to work with our customers even though we may not agree with everything they want done or the way they want it. Fact is, they pay the bills !

Oh and if you do need a host, just send the file over -- matt@ttperformance.net -- I'd be happy to host the vid for ya.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

V6: The battery installation is pretty clean. Not something I would do, but it was a nice job. You didnt have many positive things to say about our installation so I didnt feel compeled to say much about yours... Now let's stop the bickering, put the **** on the road, and race!

I'm not here to fight with anyone, but don't think I wont defend my work. We know exactly what we are doing, but we have to work with our customers even though we may not agree with everything they want done or the way they want it. Fact is, they pay the bills !

Oh and if you do need a host, just send the file over -- matt@ttperformance.net -- I'd be happy to host the vid for ya.
Thanks for the kind words...

Fact of the matter is customers do pay the bills....If my name is on it, simply put, it wouldnt be done the way you did it. Because if you really think about it, down the road someone's going to see that setup at a local event and ask who did it. If they dont think its clean like I stated i felt it wasnt then they will go elsewhere. Ill turn customers away left and right if they want me to hack up some work. I simply wont touch it. Ill starve to death before I do that kind of work. Ill take you some pics of a y-pipe i just put together last night. If I had a TIG it would be even sweeter but I gotta make due with what I can afford being a FT college student Holding a FT job and doing sidework on the side. Look for the pics this evening. Im out.

On another note, talk the customer into something that will both shine for you guys and for their car and them not be ashamed of how it looks if they are fronted about it. Im not ashamed of my work. I live and learn on it everyday.

Mike
Take care folks!
Old 09-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Banned

Mike: I hear ya. There are a few things on this particular car that I would not have done the way we did. But the customer is always right. The car makes the power, we just need a bottom end to really harness the output of this turbo.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL MAN
Ok, I see a possible problem. If you're supplying the fuel to the back of the rails you need the regulator before it gets to the rail. You need to regulate pressure to the fuel rails not after. Only way the location the reg is mounted would work is if you had the supply Yed in the front after the reg and the returns going out the back. Right now you're only regulating one fuel rails pressure from what I can see.

I guess GM Powertrain engineers are all tools up until 98 when they moved the regulator to the pump. I guess all LT1's, L98's and other EFI engines with the regulator on the return side are destined to grenade, huh? i guess all those engines with with a 100k or 200k miles are just figments of everyones imagination, huh. BTW, systems with the regulator on the return side suffer less from fuel pressure drops due to throttle changes.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the line coming out of the center of the driver's side rail for? It seems as if both rails are regulated, so I don't see the need for it, but I was wondering what that plug was for on my Aeromotive rails.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

its probably there for fitment reasons for example, due to packaging reasons, some people find the middle of the rail a better place to introduce/release fuel from the rail vice using one of the ends. 1992/1993 LT1's used the middle of the drivers side rail, some LSx engines come in at the middle, as well as some L98 engines. what ever is easiest for the packaging engineers, i guess.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
its probably there for fitment reasons for example, due to packaging reasons, some people find the middle of the rail a better place to introduce/release fuel from the rail vice using one of the ends. 1992/1993 LT1's used the middle of the drivers side rail, some LSx engines come in at the middle, as well as some L98 engines. what ever is easiest for the packaging engineers, i guess.
I was thinking the same, just wanted to make sure.