Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

I need the wiring instructions for a racetronics wiring kit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Blubrd
Someone please email me a copy to jking1@swfla.rr.com . I am installing mine today. I am sure its not all that hard but I would like to have the instructions just in case. thanks.
It's real easy, I never got the instructions but figured it out once I looked at everything. I'll give you a little run down and hopefully this is clear enough:

There's wiring coming from the body of the car going to the fuel pump. There's a square plug that goes onto the fuel pump. When you look at the racetronix wiring you'll see the exact same plug along with a female receiver in the same shape. Plug the square wiring from the body into the female end of the racetronix then take the male end of the racetronix (same as from the body) and plug that into your pump. That's literally the whole plug and play. This way the wiring from the body tells the pump when to turn on (via the relay on the racetronix) but the actual power is drawn from the alternator. After plugging everything in find a good spot to mount the relay, I just used a screw I found next the fuel lines. Then find a good spot to run the rest of the wiring to the front of the car where you'll mount the power feed to the back of the alternator (where your normal power feed for the car is) and then find a spot in the engine bay to mount the fuse (again I just found a screw on the body out of the way of everything). As far as running the wiring I zip tied everything to the fuel lines and behind the heat shields that cover the lines. You'll have a lot of extra parts left over but don't worry, this is a somewhat universal kit made for other applications as well as ours. It's extremely easy, once you look at everything you'll see it.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just got the new GM Hight Tech performance magazine in in the mail. It has a step by step very detailed article with pics on how to install the Racetronics kit, better than the instructions.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beat me to it. Excellent wright up .....Someone should scan/post this, if able for other furture use. Maybe a sticky.....this seems to be a major repeat for this section.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I tried to scan in the instructions for the in-tank part of the install, but could not get it to work, but if some of you are in very desperate need of the in-tank part for the 1998 model kit PM me your address and I will make a copy and send it out. Might take a little bit of time to get it to you but could be a last resort option. As far as the out of tank wiring every thing was covered above, actually pretty simple, took me about two hours by myself from start to finish. I used the trap door method, but on the 98 models one of the lines goes back up underneath for a good ways kind of a pita. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Racer8102
I used the trap door method, but on the 98 models one of the lines goes back up underneath for a good ways kind of a pita. Good luck.
A pita is a definate understatement. The hose that is the second one on the right and it was the worst. It took me forever to get that damn thing hooked back up. I got it all done everything works great. Just have to do the final on wiring up the power wire. I just hooked it up to see if everything was working (lack of sunlight).
Old 03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

did anyone scan it?
Old 03-12-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know how to scan it in and post it, but I read through it while installing mine earlier today, It even tells what all the extra parts are for, larger chassis ground coming from battery to body, and extra parts for later down the road to plug in boost pump, or msd controller, well worth the money to go buy the mag if you are thinking about installing one of these kits.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have had this write up saved for a while until I went to install the kit. http://www.geocities.com/formulapower2/fuelpump.html Hope this helps some of you. Its a pretty easy install overall.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for posting the instructions!

Last edited by mvonada; 03-13-2006 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Got the answer
Old 04-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to bring this back up but can someone email me the instructions for the wiring harness ???? thanks

email is raul602@gmail.com
Old 04-25-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

............Dont people even try to find answers anymore before asking? Theres a write-up two posts up. Besides, theres no way anyone with a brain stem could **** it up.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could I also get a copy of the instructions e-mailed to me? I need to find out which way the two pump wires plug into the 4 wire connector. I took them out and forgot to mark it
Old 04-27-2006, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

I'm searching my old email trying to find these instructions for you all.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figured out the wiring by using the wire/color locations in the harness coming up to the sending unit plug. But I went to put the sending unit in and lock it down, I had a bunch of slop. I'm converting over to a 99+ tank, and piecing everything together, I must be missing a gasket or spacer or something. There has to be at least 1/8" of play from holding the FSU tight.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is what I have been mailing out on a damn near daily basis. Please stop asking about it.

Please take the time to thoroughly read the manual from front to back before attempting to install the fuel pump assembly. If you feel uncomfortable with the instructions we highly recommend you have a qualified automotive technician install the assembly for you. Gas and electricity require special handling precautions and a safe environment.
Racetronix does not recommend the trap door method for installing the fuel pump assembly. The fuel tank should be removed from the vehicle and thoroughly cleaned and flushed with water and left to dry. Sediment accumulates over a period of time. A gas station's holding tanks are a common source for this contamination which will cause premature pump failure.
HARNESS INSTALLATION INFO:
Please take the time to look at the wiring on the car before you start the installation.The connectors on the Racetronix harness are unique to the sending unit only. Everything plugs in and ALL the power terminals are labeled.

Mount the relay and spiked chassis ground lug in front of the DS rear tire using the factory bolt as shown in here:
http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX.../Dcp_1169a.jpg
Clean mating the surface and the bolt with a wire brush to expose clean metal and apply a generous amount of silicone grease supplied to prevent corrosion.
Plug the harness into the chassis and the fuel module into the Racetronix harness.
Insert the blue connector locks.
Route the harness along with the fuel lines under the car. Secure the harness every 12" with the supplied wire ties.
The harness power source may be hooked to the alternator's + output (best) or the + battery terminal.
(If you chose to use the battery as a power source run the harness over the top of the transmission housing and up the PS inner front fender well)
Route the harness such that it does not rub on any sharp surfaces or come to close to any hot exhaust pipes.
Mount the fuse holder with the supplied self tapping SS screw in a location where access is possible if required.
Hook the harness + power to the alternator output stud OR the battery + terminal using the supplied brass battery.
The factory battery nuts are removed by pressing them out from behind the terminal boots.
http://www.racetronix.com/images/C4/..._Hookup-01.jpg
Install the body ground upgrade cable. One end hooks up to battery - and the other end to chassis ground.
The screw on top of the battery nut is considered the accessory tap. These are installed after the nuts are secured to the battery.

The extra connector set included with the system is to interface a pump booster if required.
The mating connector on the harness is located just after the relay.
If you have any questions, concerns or recommendations regarding the product / manual please email support@racetronix.com
Thank you for purchasing Racetronix product.

Last edited by 9silverbird8; 04-28-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Could someone email me the instructions also?
Old 05-06-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you ******* mental!!!!?????? The instructions are right above your post you lazy dipshit.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Thanks buddy, what a nice guy.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MidNight98ws6
Thanks buddy, what a nice guy.
In his defense they were the post directly above your post. I'm pretty sure you are mental. At least most people would've thought "Damn" and not replied but you replied sarcastically to the guy that posted the instructions for you.
9silverbird8, thanks for posting those. I wish racetronix or the vendors would just copy those and start sending with the pumps. When I did my install I wished I had them but after looking at everything I saw that you really don't need them. Everything in this kit is really straightforward and self explanitory once you get the wires out and look at them.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Teching In

My apologies for the smart *** remark, i was a lil tipsy that night

Quick Reply: I need the wiring instructions for a racetronics wiring kit.