Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Dual FP users! Question for ya.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 06:50 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Question Dual FP users! Question for ya.

I've got Lonnies fp setup. How much of a difference will this make if any at all? Trying to find out if it's worth converting over to a bulk head fitting then running the -8 feed line or keep it as it was designed and run a quick disconnect off the hardline then run the -8 line up to the inline fuel filter up to the bay. Will that short distance cause a drop in flow or too much strain on the fuel pumps?

I stole this pic but it's best one out there.

Here's mine.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the exact same boat as you are and considering the same thing...Which direction to go...I also have Lonnies dual intank pump assembly...I'll be watching the thread to see what responses you get. I've been told this set up from Lonnie using the stock fuel feed will be good for close to 1000fwhp with proper fuel rails, injector size and front mount FPR...

Nate may have something we're both interested in if he sells it seperately. A hard line (-8 ?) with the pushlok that we can use coming off the stock pump assembly instead of going to a braided line...that would be the ticket~!

Last edited by DJ's99SS; 04-20-2006 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:42 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

The thing is I've already bought the braided line and bulk head they just haven't been shipped yet. I only thought about it afterwards. Hopefully someone will answer our questions. Lonnie told me same thing as well. I also wondered if the feed tubes connected to the y-block would cause turbulence since they're ribbed. But maybe I'm being to ****.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

On my dual intank pump setup Lonnie welded on -8AN and -6AN fittings onto the stock hardlines comming out of the tank. So Im using -8AN feed from the tank to the filter to the rails and -6AN return.

-B
Old 04-20-2006, 12:24 PM
FormerVendor

I would change it to -8 bulkhead for the best flow. The stock tube is going to be a huge restriction to what those 2 pumps are capable of.

Nate
Old 04-20-2006, 12:49 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown383
On my dual intank pump setup Lonnie welded on -8AN and -6AN fittings onto the stock hardlines comming out of the tank. So Im using -8AN feed from the tank to the filter to the rails and -6AN return.

-B

Did you ask him to do that? I am sure you paid extra for that too right? That's busted as I ah never mind..........
Old 04-20-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im not sure... I bought the kit NIB from another list member off of Camaroz28.com and thats the way it came. I'm just going to leave it that way because it would cost me at least another $50-60 to switch over to a bulkhead fitting to connect to the -8An feed line.

-B