Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

ITT We will edumacate me about fuel systems...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ITT We will edumacate me about fuel systems...

Seeing as there is no FAQ for fueling I am going to ask all the dumb questions (some of which I actually have) and let all you smarty smarts learn me some things....

1. What FWHP (flywheel) is the stock system safe to? (I know some have gotten like 470 but have way maxed the injectors)

2. What quick and easy upgrades are there for the fuel system? (inline pump, pressure regulator) and what FWHP levels will these scale to?

3. At what point do I have to think about replacing the whole system? (lines, rails, tank)

4. What injectors are "Plug and Play"? (will plug straight up and work even though a tune will be needed)

I am sure I can ask more dumb questions later but this is all I can think of at the moment....
Old 05-10-2006, 08:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Seems to vary vehicle to vehicle. Some can support 550 fwhp and other start dropping pressure with 450 fwhp (pump wise not injector wise).

2. Racetronix fuel pump kits are pretty easy to install and can support 600 RWHP. Depending on drive train configuration 700 +/- fwhp.

3. 650 - 700 rwhp

4. Quite a few injectors with the Bosch style injector connector on them. Some are better choices then others if sticking with the stock PCM.

Matt

Originally Posted by Koncrete
Seeing as there is no FAQ for fueling I am going to ask all the dumb questions (some of which I actually have) and let all you smarty smarts learn me some things....

1. What FWHP (flywheel) is the stock system safe to? (I know some have gotten like 470 but have way maxed the injectors)

2. What quick and easy upgrades are there for the fuel system? (inline pump, pressure regulator) and what FWHP levels will these scale to?

3. At what point do I have to think about replacing the whole system? (lines, rails, tank)

4. What injectors are "Plug and Play"? (will plug straight up and work even though a tune will be needed)

I am sure I can ask more dumb questions later but this is all I can think of at the moment....