Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel set up questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default fuel set up questions

HI:

I have a '99 (vette) LS1 that's going in an old hot rod.

I've installed an in tank fuel pump for this and am wondering about the fuel rails on the engine itself.

1- The "pusle regulator" has a tube off the end- I'm assuming a vacuum line? I have not seen this open tube on any other regulators. Should this be hooked up to the intake manifold for vacuum?

2- I've read that "99 and newer" are the "returnless" fuel systems, yet there's a second smaller fuel line. Is this a vapor line for the emmisions? DO I still need this hooked up or can I block it off? (I'm guessing no, I need it) I'm not going to run emmisions on this car.

3- Assuming I do need the vapor line hooked up- can this just go straight back into the tank itself?

4- as for pressure regulator- I can use a GM fuel filter with the built in regulator, yes? any idea on part #? This also has a "return" line that needs to go back to the tank (so I'll have 2 return lines)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-BV
Old 05-31-2006, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1- The "pusle regulator" has a tube off the end- I'm assuming a vacuum line? I have not seen this open tube on any other regulators. Should this be hooked up to the intake manifold for vacuum?

If the rails themselves only have one fuel hookup there is no need for the vacuum line.

2- I've read that "99 and newer" are the "returnless" fuel systems, yet there's a second smaller fuel line. Is this a vapor line for the emmisions? DO I still need this hooked up or can I block it off? (I'm guessing no, I need it) I'm not going to run emmisions on this car.

There is a smaller line wrapped up in the heat tape but it is a vent from the tank. You can use it as a vent or just plug the intake.

3- Assuming I do need the vapor line hooked up- can this just go straight back into the tank itself?

No need

4- as for pressure regulator- I can use a GM fuel filter with the built in regulator, yes? any idea on part #? This also has a "return" line that needs to go back to the tank (so I'll have 2 return lines)

The 99up Vette filter has a built in regulator it does have a return line but thats the only return line you need?

Nate
Old 06-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There's the 2 lines from the fuel rails. I believe 3/8 and 5/16th. The smaller should be the vent line, yes?

The pulse regulator has a vacuum line on it, yes. I have circled it in the pic.
So I can just unplug this?
Attached Thumbnails fuel set up questions-dsc00463lr.jpg  
Old 06-01-2006, 11:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope that looks like a return set of rails from a 97-98 Corvette. The smaller one is the return line and the vacuum may just be an adjustable reg. that could go to boost ref. Pic is hard to tell but it does look to be that way.

Nate